Australian woman is fatally shot by Minneapolis police; bodycams were off

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Conveniently not recording him shooting an unarmed woman, past the face of his partner and through the window.

It really stuns me that anyone would think this was a legitimate shoot or an "accident". Picture in your head, sitting in the passenger seat of a car and shooting across the driver's face out the window. If my cop partner shot across my face like that, I'd want him fired. And yet the cop who was millimeters away from having his face blown off doesn't seem to have a problem.

What am I missing here?
They look out for, and cover each others asses. The unwritten code of police conduct. As much respect as I have for officers, I know that if it comes down to me or backing another officer, I'm SOL.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They look out for, and cover each others asses. The unwritten code of police conduct. As much respect as I have for officers, I know that if it comes down to me or backing another officer, I'm SOL.

I might cover for something minor, but if he shot across my face out my window at a woman who wasn't being aggressive, I'd rat his ass out in a second.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Minneapolis Cop Convicted of Murdering Unarmed Woman, Which Is Racist Because He's Black and She Was White

On a Saturday night in July 2017, a Minneapolis police officer named Mohamed Noor responded to a 911 call placed by a woman named Justine Damond, who reported a possible sexual assault near her home. When Noor pulled up to her house, she approached his patrol car and he shot and killed her. Damond was in her pajamas and was unarmed. Noor didn't give her any verbal warning. He just shot her. She called the police because she thought someone was in trouble, and she was killed for it.

Finally, her family and loved ones have gotten a measure of justice. Chao Xiong, Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Mohamed Noor became the first former Minnesota police officer found guilty of an on-duty murder Tuesday as a Hennepin County jury convicted him for the fatal shooting of Justine Ruszczyk Damond in 2017...

They convicted Noor of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter but acquitted him of the most serious count — second-degree murder...

Noor’s cousin, Goth Ali, who attended the trial every day, broke down after hearing the verdict.

“I’m crying because of how the case was handled,” the 32-year-old said afterward. “What happened was injustice. This is shocking. My cousin didn’t get a fair trial.”

In any dispute between a Muslim and a non-Muslim, the Muslim is the victim. Even if -- especially if -- he's just been convicted of murder.

Or, as the Somali-American Police Association put it:

Officer Noor joined the police force to make a difference and reflect the community he serves. And while historically it has not been uncommon for minority officers to receive differential treatment, it is discouraging to see this treatment persist in 2019. SAPA fears the outcome of this case will have a devastating effect on police morale and make the recruitment of minority officers all the more difficult.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good. If I were on that jury I'd have lobbied hard for second-degree murder. He clearly killed that girl in cold blood.

His family's reaction is about what you'd expect from the criminal element: "Mah boah a goot boah! He din do nuffin! It aint fair!!" They give zero shits about the woman this guy killed, or the pain her family is going through; they just want to rail about how it's not fair that he was convicted after he shot her to death.

That whole family should be deported back to Somalia or whatever shithole they come from.

Reactions: BOP

officeguy

I bet there would be an interesting back story on how many training officers this guy wore out and how the chain of command had to keep it under wraps as to not upset the mayor who had decreed that there should be Somali and Hmong officers.

TCROW

Good. If I were on that jury I'd have lobbied hard for second-degree murder. He clearly killed that girl in cold blood.

His family's reaction is about what you'd expect from the criminal element: "Mah boah a goot boah! He din do nuffin! It aint fair!!" They give zero shits about the woman this guy killed, or the pain her family is going through; they just want to rail about how it's not fair that he was convicted after he shot her to death.

That whole family should be deported back to Somalia or whatever shithole they come from.

Wow. All it takes is for a cop to be brown and Islamic for you to not lick the boots of a cop.

Who knew it was that easy?

:killingme

PS - you’re a bigoted POS.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow. All it takes is for a cop to be brown and Islamic for you to not lick the boots of a cop.

Ah, no, he just has to be blatantly bad in his actions for that to happen. More blatant than I need, she and I disagree quit often on these matters, but it's not what his color or race is, it's the fact that he reached across his partner and gunned down an unarmed woman, in fact the woman that made the call.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
According to the police association, any time 1 of there members is held accountable, it will be because of their skin color.

Now imagine if the roles were reversed. I doubt that same association would be so understanding.

glhs837

Power with Control
According to the police association, any time 1 of there members is held accountable, it will be because of their skin color.

Now imagine if the roles were reversed. I doubt that same association would be so understanding.

Lets be precise, it was the Somali-American Police Association. Sorta surprises me there are enough to make an association.

glhs837

Power with Control
In Minneapolis? Little Mogadishu?

Been to both, and no, Minneapolis isn't anything like the real Mogadishu. :) These people live far far better than anyone in Mog ever has. Navy sent me to a lot of sh$%holes. A lot. By a ridiculously large margin, Mog was the sh%^iest sh&^hole of them all.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Minneapolis Cop Who Shot Woman To Death Asks For Sentence Of Two Weeks In Jail Each Year

The former Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed an Australian woman when she approached his vehicle to report a possible sexual assault is asking the court for a sentence in which he would serve two weeks in prison each year.

Mohamed Noor, 33, faces a maximum 12.5-year prison sentence for the death of Australian life coach Justine Ruszczyk, 40, on July 15, 2017. He was convicted in April of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

As the Daily Mail reports, Noor’s attorneys suggested that Noor serve one week in a low-security prison annually to “honor” her birthday and one week to mark her day of death. They wrote, “This sentence honors the memory of Ms. Rusczcyk and allows Mr Noor to continue to serve the city. Just as importantly, it mandates that Mr Noor will continue to consider his action and the great loss they caused.”

I'd deport him back to Mogadishu

glhs837

Power with Control
Wait, what.......

allows Mr Noor to continue to serve the city.

Wait......WHAT!!!!!????????

Are they thinking he still GETS TO BE A FRIKEN COP!!!???????? I'm literally shaking my hands about in a WTF pose.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As the Daily Mail reports, Noor’s attorneys suggested that Noor serve one week in a low-security prison annually to “honor” her birthday and one week to mark her day of death. They wrote, “This sentence honors the memory of Ms. Rusczcyk and allows Mr Noor to continue to serve the city. Just as importantly, it mandates that Mr Noor will continue to consider his action and the great loss they caused.”

Okay, a prison sentence is punishment for gunning that woman down, not a gesture to "honor" her. WTF is wrong with these people????

He needs to be strapped to the chair, and his lawyers along with him.

BOP

Projecting again; it's what you bigoted, racist, homophobic, misogynistic leftists do.

nutz

Wait, what.......

Wait......WHAT!!!!!????????

Are they thinking he still GETS TO BE A FRIKEN COP!!!???????? I'm literally shaking my hands about in a WTF pose.
Exactly what it sounds like. Mayor Barry got to serve, so ...........Besides, not like the guy killed someone important, just a whitey :sarcasm:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Court Vacates Ex-Minneapolis Cop’s Third-Degree Murder Conviction

The Minnesota Supreme Court reversed a murder conviction Wednesday against former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor. The state’s first Somali-American cop — who was reportedly rushed through training by liberal city leadership — shot and killed Justine Ruszczyk in a 2017 tragedy that garnered international attention.

Minnesota Chief Justice Lorie Gildea, penning the unanimous opinion, said evidence used to convict Noor of third-degree “depraved-mind” murder does not hold up against state law, which says depraved-mind murder only occurs when someone perpetrates an act “eminently dangerous to others” and “without regard for human life.”

“The mental state necessary for depraved-mind murder is a generalized indifference to human life, which cannot exist when the defendant’s conduct is directed with particularity at the person who is killed,” reads the edict. “The only reasonable inference that can be drawn from the circumstances proved is that [Noor’s] conduct was directed with particularity at the person who was killed, and the evidence is therefore insufficient to sustain his conviction for depraved-mind murder.”

Noor was convicted of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter and sentenced to 12 years in jail in June 2019 after he responded to Ruszczyk’s 911 call about an alleged sexual assault near her home. Ruszczyk had approached the police vehicle that arrived on the scene when Noor shot her in the abdomen. He was sitting in the passenger seat and said he considered her approach a potential ambush.