Author Peeved About Oscar Loss

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=218583&GT1=7701

'Brokeback' Author Peeved About Oscar Loss

LOS ANGELES -- Annie Proulx, whose 1997 short story inspired the film "Brokeback Mountain," has penned a scattershot blast in a British newspaper unleashing her anger over the film's best-picture Oscar loss.

Proulx criticizes Oscar voters and the Academy Awards ceremony in the 1,094-word rant, which appeared in Saturday's issue of The Guardian, a liberal paper boasting 1.2 million readers daily.

Pete

Repete
Penn said:
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=218583&GT1=7701

'Brokeback' Author Peeved About Oscar Loss

LOS ANGELES -- Annie Proulx, whose 1997 short story inspired the film "Brokeback Mountain," has penned a scattershot blast in a British newspaper unleashing her anger over the film's best-picture Oscar loss.

Proulx criticizes Oscar voters and the Academy Awards ceremony in the 1,094-word rant, which appeared in Saturday's issue of The Guardian, a liberal paper boasting 1.2 million readers daily.
:roflmao:

Liberals just hate it when they are not embraced.

:tantrum I want my award! :tantrum I want my award! :tantrum I was cheated out of my subjective award!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
"Academy members who vote for the year's best film are "out of touch not only with the shifting larger culture and the yeasty ferment that is America these days, but also out of touch with their own segregated city," Proulx writes.

Oh my. :jameo:

Peeved doesn't quite express her outrage!

Hessian

It is very likely ...

she has some "yeasty ferment" affecting her.

I would urge her to write the sequel: "Brokeback One-hump Haji"...the stirring account of an Imam and his love affair with his Camel.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hessian said:
she has some "yeasty ferment" affecting her.

I would urge her to write the sequel: "Brokeback One-hump Haji"...the stirring account of an Imam and his love affair with his Camel.
Would that be with one hump or two? :whistle:

Toxick

Splat
Penn said:
"Academy members who vote for the year's best film are "out of touch not only with the shifting larger culture and the yeasty ferment

I find it somewhat ironic that the author behind a tail-gunning cowboy story - who subsequently pitches a "BF" when it's not put on an even higher pedistal - is using the phrase "out of touch".

Despite the media's embrace of the gay lifestyle, and despite the fact that more and more of us are becoming tolerant of it, it still seems self-evident that the vast majority of the yeasty ferment has yet to lovingly accept homosexuality into its shifting culture just yet.

And if I ever read the phrase "yeasty ferment" in a newspaper article again, I'm moving to Canada.