Avengers End Game

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Avengers E

SamSpade

Like what? I'll confess that I didn't put a lot of thought into what I watched yesterday because the first time I watch MCU movies is just for the pure pleasure, the second and third times is when I start comparing things I know from the previous MCU movies. I was a little confused with what seemed to be two gauntlets towards the end - how did that happen?

That was pretty much the whole point of the movie. That was why they went anywhere.

What confused me was the whole "can't change the past" when the past does get changed - and Scott Lang says "you mean Back to the Future lied?"

SamSpade

What I meant was the infinity stones were no longer on the gauntlet that Thanos was wearing - I'm guessing that there were either two gauntlets and one was a fake, or did Tony come up with a way to remove all the stones automatically? I missed something there. And as far as time changes - I usually don't understand some of the "deeper" points until I watch the dvd at home with captions. Dr. Strange was like that for me - parts of it were confusing until I watched it again. It's one of my favorites now.

Ok, no spoiler space.

Yes, there were two "gauntlets", but one was really just Tony's Iron Man suit glove, and he was swapping them out the whole time while Thanos chased it after the re-snap. By the time Thanos got it at the end, it was empty.

I do think I'd like to watch it carefully the second time, because he must have done it FAST.

Now - time paradoxes. Loki escaping - they changed that timeline. So they go back further, steal it earlier and then put it back. Doesn't change that Loki never goes back to Asgard. Cap going back in time to marry Peggy - except we just saw that she married someone else in Civil War. And she creates S.H.I.E.L.D. but Cap never mentions Hydra? Also, WW2 ended 78 years earlier (Endgame is 2023, five years after Infinity War). So how OLD is he? How does Nebula kill her earlier self and not disappear? How does Thanos snap out the Universe but die before he can go back and actually do it? Where's Gamora? Did she die getting the Soul Stone? They never went there - because she never goes to get it. So is she alive again? Quill seems to think so.

They just wave it off as no paradoxes, because "the past doesn't change". Except it does. And there's no effect on the future.

Except the Ancient One clearly says it does.

So - whew. I don't get it. Too confusing. Fun but confusing.

SamSpade

I didn't realize the teenager at the funeral was Harley from Iron Man 3 - Nice touch.

nuff said.

Wow. I didn't catch that at all.
I chatted with my wife before we went, because I used to read Marvel Comics a lot in the 70's and 80's, and Stan Lee (AND Jack Kirby) often - usually - had a reader's section in the back for question and answer. They would give out the coveted "No-Prize" and Stan would sign off with "'Nuff Said". So when I saw the license plate, I started laughing immediately.

SamSpade

Having said that - did you catch Hawkeye saying something to Black Widow about Budapest. I know they were there on a mission together but it's only implied that something happened in previous movies..

I figured it was merely a reference to BW's line in the first Avengers movie where Hawkeye answers "you and I remember Budapest very differently". I always figured it was one of those things they never needed to explain.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sprung for digital copy on Vudu this evening to watch with my dinner.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of humor mixed in to the action and worth the price of admission.