Avon?

CoastieWife86

I just signed up to be a representative.. Just wondering if Avon is popular in this area? I signed up because I hadn't seen many reps. here and haven't bought any Avon in forever... I'm just wondering if I'm going to have any luck selling!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
dustin said:
paging Nickel :whistle:
I have absolutely no input on selling Avon, since I decided quickly after signing up for it that it sucked and stopped. :lmao:

Nickel said:
I have absolutely no input on selling Avon, since I decided quickly after signing up for it that it sucked and stopped. :lmao:
:yeahthat: The only thing I like from Avon is some of their lipsticks and nail polish.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
I sell Avon as well but I am new in the area (just moved here to Lex Park area the week of Christmas) so I haven't really gotten out there yet and handed brochures to people.

cdsulhoff

Well, I sold Avon back when I was 18. That was like over 10 years ago. Well, I hated it. I felt like a pusher. To top it off everyone I came across sold it as well. You also got to look on how much you will have to sell in order to make anything. Avon was not right for me. I am not saying it is not right for you. You need to research the company before you sign with them. Now I sign up with Lia Sophia which is jewelry. They have a really good program for both hostess ans the advisors. I liked the company because of a few reasons. One is that the founder. I figure a man who invented the Cross your heart bra and also brought out a razor company must know what he is doing. Victor Kiam was known for his ability to take a company and make it successful. Second, I like the idea of lifetime replacement guarantee. This alone can sell not only an advisor but most importantly a buyer.. If I am going to buy fashion jewelry at a price that is higher than at my local place I want something good reason to do so. Now with the LRG I knoe for sure that if it breaks I can get it replace or get something new if they don't have it in stock anymore. Even ten years down the road... Try doing that at an department store with their fashion jewelry..... I don't care about trips or cars or anything like that so that did not sway me... Also, the last thing that sway me to sell LS is that I get 30% of sales. And average party is $750.. Just let say an average I have seen so far is 1,500... A girl in or unit just had a 6,000 Lucky girl she is... I can get a larger $$$ sale for each show than other companies....Oh yeah it helps that Celebrities and magazines showcase and wear our jewelry... plus there is a huge market out there..the % of ladies selling LS VS. other company is low.. So my competitions is on the low side and we do not have boundaries I can sign up a person in CA. if I wanted. I can do shows in FL if I wanted. Which I was supposed to do in April...

All I am saying is take your time and find the one that makes you excited and go with you gut feeling on it. After all this is a business...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
There are 8 Avon reps and 3 Mary Kay reps in my development. A gal on my street sells Pampered Chef. Two streets over is a Tastefully Simple gal. Our hood is like some natural gathering place for sales folk.

cdsulhoff

Same here I have 1 that sells longaberger, 3 on my same street that sells Avon, 1 marykay, 1 pamper chef, 1 sells stampin up and 1 sells creative memories... I believe someone on this street sells southern home living... and being in the ranch club I can't tell you how many sell what!! How ever I know a few of them don't push it they are in it for their own discounts.... Also You need to look at not the start up cost so much but how much you have to maintain to keep your rep status. Many over look this and lost their rep privileges.. I know with LS we have to have $250 a quarter.. Longaberger have a high status upkeep... What is Avon's?

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
bresamil said:
There are 8 Avon reps and 3 Mary Kay reps in my development. A gal on my street sells Pampered Chef. Two streets over is a Tastefully Simple gal. Our hood is like some natural gathering place for sales folk.

Don't forget Party-Lite Candle Company. :howdy:

Candle Lover

I really enjoyed cdsulhoff's reply. You sound like you have found a home business that works for you. I have tried several home-based businesses and learned a lot about different companies. I started 4 years ago with Scent-Sations and I sell Mia Bella Gourmet Candles. A friend of mine has been extremely successful with Avon. I think that when you are looking for a home business it is very important to research the company, compare plans, and choose one that you are passionate about.

I recently developed a worksheet that allows you to compare home-based businesses on what I thought were important characteristics. It's pretty simple, a one page PDF. If you'd like a copy, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
cdsulhoff said:
Same here I have 1 that sells longaberger, 3 on my same street that sells Avon, 1 marykay, 1 pamper chef, 1 sells stampin up and 1 sells creative memories... I believe someone on this street sells southern home living... and being in the ranch club I can't tell you how many sell what!! How ever I know a few of them don't push it they are in it for their own discounts.... Also You need to look at not the start up cost so much but how much you have to maintain to keep your rep status. Many over look this and lost their rep privileges.. I know with LS we have to have $250 a quarter.. Longaberger have a high status upkeep... What is Avon's?

The initial startup fee is $10. You earn 50% commission on your first 4 campaign orders (a campaign order is placed once every two weeks). After that commission is based on order size. If you want to be an E-Representative (have your own website, weboffice, and customized individual invoices for your customers, among other account management tools) it costs $7.50 each campaign (this is not required but it does have its benefits). Then of course you have to order your books, they come in packs of 10. The more you buy, the less per brochure it costs. (i.e. a pack of 10 books costs 5.75 or 57 cents per book, 100 books costs $19 or 19 cents per book) There's really no set minimum limit for orders. When I first moved here, I was only ordering books to keep my account active while I was getting things squared away in my new home.