Awfully unexciting....

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
around the forum.... Are you guys all frozen? I checked your forecast and it sounded like you may have snow all week. :killingme It will be in the 70's here! I have been riding my new horse a lot.:dye:

devinej

snow??!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

except it'll be too warm for it to stick :(
i was just up in PA and there was snow on the ground, good trail riding too!

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
around the forum.... Are you guys all frozen? I checked your forecast and it sounded like you may have snow all week. :killingme It will be in the 70's here! I have been riding my new horse a lot.:dye:

It's supposed to be 75 here tomorrow, as much as I hate summer in south Texas winter sure is grand! I just got a new horse too yay!

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
What kind?

This is the replacement trail horse for hubby since the buckskin didn't pass the pre-purchase exam. He is a registered as a paint but he is solid sorrel with a blaze and one white sock. He was a halter horse at one time, then he was turned out for a few years. A local trainer picked him up and has been using him as his personal riding and trail horse for the last year. He sold him to me so he could pick up a new heel horse after his got injured. He is 1400 lbs of muscle and has the sweetest and quietest disposition I've ever seen. He passed his vet check with flying colors. He is HYPP negative and a real gentleman, nothing has flapped him so far. I had been looking for something more flashy colored but when I saw that lovely head and neck and huge ass I fell in love. Now I just need a big ol' wide saddle to fit him since the 3 we have now aren't sitting right on him. :ohwell: For such a big horse he was a lovely little western jog and is a lot lighter on his feet than I would have thought.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
This is the replacement trail horse for hubby since the buckskin didn't pass the pre-purchase exam. He is a registered as a paint but he is solid sorrel with a blaze and one white sock. He was a halter horse at one time, then he was turned out for a few years. A local trainer picked him up and has been using him as his personal riding and trail horse for the last year. He sold him to me so he could pick up a new heel horse after his got injured. He is 1400 lbs of muscle and has the sweetest and quietest disposition I've ever seen. He passed his vet check with flying colors. He is HYPP negative and a real gentleman, nothing has flapped him so far. I had been looking for something more flashy colored but when I saw that lovely head and neck and huge ass I fell in love. Now I just need a big ol' wide saddle to fit him since the 3 we have now aren't sitting right on him. :ohwell: For such a big horse he was a lovely little western jog and is a lot lighter on his feet than I would have thought.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Please post some pictures Sonsie when you get a chance.

razzle1127

sonsie- I have a western saddle i have been trying to sell. its a few years old but barely used. tex tan fit my wide paint/qh. its in brandywine if your interested. i think the seat size is 16.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Please post some pictures Sonsie when you get a chance.

I will, we didn't get him home till late last night and today was chaos around here. It never crossed my mind to pull out my camera, I was too worried about hubby liking him since I picked the horse out for him. I rode him around our small front pasture for a short while this morning and then put hubby up on him once I was sure he was going to continue being such a gentleman. The kids (2 and 3 years old) were on the other side of the fence squawking and fighting the entire time and the dog was underfoot and barking like an idiot. Mac never batted an eye and was steady as a rock. The only hole I've found in him is he doesn't like backing out of a trailer with no ramp, he did it but it was rather alarming to see all that horse balanced on his toes on the very edge and shaking like a leaf over a 10" step down.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
sonsie- I have a western saddle i have been trying to sell. its a few years old but barely used. tex tan fit my wide paint/qh. its in brandywine if your interested. i think the seat size is 16.

Razzle I live in south Texas now and I just couldn't buy a saddle for this horse without seeing it's fit. Thanks anyway. I'm actually lusting over a Tucker Gen II trail saddle with the gel-cush seat, hubby needs a 17" saddle but I'd steal his regularly if it was as comfy as it sounds. My trainer rolled her eyes at my confession, I think she thinks it's gimmicky or overpriced or something. :lol:

devinej

that wounds great!!!

so you might look into a treeless saddle. bob marshall saddles are fantastic!! love them a lot and i'm not even into western saddles.
sooo soo comfortable and easy on the horse too

razzle1127

hey no prob. i thought you lived in maryland. and i read your post about your cat pulling hair out, a change of food could help. they have alot of barf diet websites around. good luck.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I have been to busy with my new job to do much around. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I also start my next class this week and needed to read 2 books before the start of class. :otter: Thankfully this class is done at the end of April. After that I only have 7 more classes until my MA is complete!!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
After a brief trip to Florida for work I came back home and I've been super busy since! I've gotten to ride a bit though, but Brrrrrr, it is cold! :)