Awning Installation

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I would like to get an awning added to my horse trailer. Is there anywhere local that will do a good job, and not break the piggybank. It is a 2000 Sundowner sideload gooseneck trailer.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Congrats on the trailer purchase, are you excited to not have to hitch a ride any more?

I'm not sure if he does awnings, but a great trailer guy is Kenny Saufley at Saufley Sandblasting - 301.884.5238

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Another option would be to order the awning from a trailer dealer or something then see if D&G Kustoms or Trick Trucks would do it. Both places have very talented/skilled workers. They only might do it for friends of the company or whatnot. But it's worth looking into. Also, a cheaper way might be to go through a Sundowner dealership, sometimes they will give breaks to people who have their product

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Congrats on the trailer purchase, are you excited to not have to hitch a ride any more?

I'm not sure if he does awnings, but a great trailer guy is Kenny Saufley at Saufley Sandblasting - 301.884.5238

YOU have NO idea how excited I am. I need to get the rubber piece replaced on the sideload, but it is more for looks than usefulness. New horse LOVES the sideload.

fredsaid2

Lagrande Resort in Leonardtown does awning installations.

This would be my first stop since they do all sorts of work on RVs and such. People use them for some trailer repairs too.

If Saufley's can get the awning for you he would also be an excellent choice.

fredsaid2

Forgot to add another option is a pop-up tent. They're around 100ish for a 10x10. I've used mine at all sorts of events for the last 6 or so years. When folded they don't take up much space and you can place it where you need it when open.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
YOU have NO idea how excited I am. I need to get the rubber piece replaced on the sideload, but it is more for looks than usefulness. New horse LOVES the sideload.

Woop, new horse too? Congrats! Kenny can definatly do the rubber and if he can do the awnings he'll probably be less expensive than some of the other places mentioned. I'm not familiar with Lagrande Resort though so I can't comment on that. :)

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Woop, new horse too? Congrats! Kenny can definatly do the rubber and if he can do the awnings he'll probably be less expensive than some of the other places mentioned. I'm not familiar with Lagrande Resort though so I can't comment on that. :)

Yes new horse. Old one got sold. I will update you this weekend.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Lagrande Resort in Leonardtown does awning installations.

301.475.8550........ask for Bob

or on the side Dickie Smithers on Clarks landing did mine years ago..also put on my electric jack..

tell both Shelley sent ya..

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
New horses are so great! I remember when I got my new boy, i was so excited! What kind of horse did you get? It's always fun hearing about all the other different horses

He is a 10 year old Quarter Horse. Been there, and done that type of horse. We went swimming in the river this weekend, and he had so much fun. We will be showing in both open rated and hunter shows. He loves trail rides, and does foxhunting.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
He is a 10 year old Quarter Horse. Been there, and done that type of horse. We went swimming in the river this weekend, and he had so much fun. We will be showing in both open rated and hunter shows. He loves trail rides, and does foxhunting.

awl. That's exciting. I myself have a QH trained for HUS and I'm training him to jump. Will be showing AQHA next year. Are you planning on doing that?