Axl Rose refuses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honor

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Axl Rose refuses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honor - CNN.com

"I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf," Rose wrote. "Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses'."

thurley42

HY;FR
I read that yesterday, you would think after everyone elses success he would be more open to a reunion...at least for the induction. The original GNR would be epic....they were always getting into fights and stopping shows early when they were getting a long...:killingme

DEEKAYPEE8569

Axl Rose refuses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honor - CNN.com

"I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf," Rose wrote. "Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses'."

Me thinks think young William had help writing this.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
G&R Used To Love Her Lyrics

Well.....it went over MY head. Shocking, huh?

I used to love her,but I had to kill her
I had to put her
Six feet under
And I can still hear her complain

I used to love her,but i had to kill her
I used to leve her,but I had to kill her
I knew I miss her
So I had to keep her
She´s buried right in my back yard

She #####ed so much
She drove me nuts
And now I´m happier this way

I had to put her
Six feet under
And I can still hear her complain

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I never gave a crap about GNR, but that song makes me laugh every time I hear it, or even think of it. The song itself is enough for any music award, in my book.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her
I knew I'd miss her, so I had to keep her
She's buried right in my back yard

Yeah, buddy.........:drummer:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Singers don't make rock and roll. They make pop. Any singer in rock and roll, ever, was only as good as the music. Rob Halford, Robert Plant, you name it. Axl Rose has gotten FAR more credit and stature than he ever earned and he ONLY got it because the the band. The Axl Rose band is nothing, never would have been. GnR is worth mentioning.

Dondi

Dondi
Axl's a douche. Do you know how many deserving rock and roll acts haven't been inducted yet?

Just to name a few:

Deep Purple
Rush
Kiss
Jethro Tull
Judas Priest
Chicago
Peter Gabriel
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Yes
Steve Miller Band
Bon Jovi
Cat Stevens
Heart
The Moody Blues
The Doobie Brothers
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
The Cars
Cheap Trick
Steppenwolf
Pat Benatar
Journey
ELO
Dire Straits
Little Feat
Blue Oyster Cult
Supertramp
Boston
Three Dog Night
Bad Company
Styx

Man, that's a lot of excellent groups/artists; that need to be inducted ASAP.

So piss on Axl. He doesn't know what he's wasting. Just let the rest of the GNR in.

thurley42

HY;FR
Axl's a douche. Do you know how many deserving rock and roll acts haven't been inducted yet?

Just to name a few:

Deep Purple
Rush
Kiss
Jethro Tull
Judas Priest
Chicago
Peter Gabriel
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Yes
Steve Miller Band
Bon Jovi
Cat Stevens
Heart
The Moody Blues
The Doobie Brothers
The Cars
Cheap Trick
Steppenwolf
Pat Benatar
Journey
ELO
Dire Straits
Little Feat
Blue Oyster Cult
Supertramp
Boston
Three Dog Night
Bad Company
Styx

So piss on Axl. He doesn't know what he's wasting. Just let the rest of the GNR in.

I'm going to my first KISS concert this summer....lol I am not really a big fan, but they heavily influenced my favorite bands....I'm going to see the Crue, they are just a bonus!

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?

Just to name a few:

Deep Purple
Rush
Kiss
Jethro Tull
Judas Priest
Chicago
Peter Gabriel
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Yes
Steve Miller Band
Bon Jovi
Cat Stevens
Heart
The Moody Blues
The Doobie Brothers
The Cars
Cheap Trick
Steppenwolf
Pat Benatar
Journey
ELO
Dire Straits
Little Feat
Blue Oyster Cult
Supertramp
Boston
Three Dog Night
Bad Company
Styx

That's a decent list. I might not agree that ALL of them are worthy of the HOF but many are more worthy than GNR.

I can see it now - Axl Rose doin a Wayne's World "I'm not worthy" :lmao:

thurley42

HY;FR
I suppose everyone ought to suffer through at least one KISS concert in their lifetime.

:killingme Yeah, I might as well get the check in the box....Like I said, I want to see the Crue again.....it's going to be a great day....Dark Knight Rises on IMAX in the afternoon, drunken Crue concert at night.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:killingme Yeah, I might as well get the check in the box....Like I said, I want to see the Crue again.....it's going to be a great day....Dark Knight Rises on IMAX in the afternoon, drunken Crue concert at night.

Crue would have to be more fun than sitting through 15,000 people aged from 60 to 6 with kabuki makeup on. I always thought a Crue show would pretty much like a strip club writ large. Skin, sin and a thundering din. Plus, they've got more good rock songs than KISS does.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
This doesn't surprise me. When Appetite for Destruction won rock album of the year, the band said it should go to Jethro Tull. None of them have ever cared for industry accolades.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm going to my first KISS concert this summer....lol I am not really a big fan, but they heavily influenced my favorite bands....I'm going to see the Crue, they are just a bonus!
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt which is now about 4 sizes to small, but then again it has been 30 years ago.

Hank

my war

Just to name a few:

Rush
Kiss
Judas Priest
Peter Gabriel
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Yes
Steve Miller Band
Bon Jovi
Heart
The Cars
Cheap Trick
Journey
Dire Straits
Boston
Bad Company

Even though I am not a huge fan of some on the list, these are the ones I agree with... :yay:

Hank

my war

Yeah, I think everyone should experience a Kiss show even though they all aren't the OG members... The Crue put on a kick ass show though...:buddies: