Baby bird story with a happy ending

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Dems' cat Duchess, was kind enough to bring home a baby sparrow yesterday (late afternoon)

Dems' yelled for me like her hair was on fire!

I ran from the shower partially clothed only to find that I about broke my neck over an effing bird.

Anyhow, Dems' put the birdie in a lil' tub with grass, towel, water and all the comforts of home and shut it in the bathroom over night.

I rose early (0600) and took the bird out to the bird feeders. I set the birdie in there with a milk cap full of water, in hopes that it's mother or another mother would help.

Then it happened (Dems saw it, not me, I was busy.) The big sparrow flew into the house and kicked it out and made it fly.
Then it kept tormenting the poor thing (according to Dems).

What it was really doing was screaming at it "You know what will happen to you if you don't take flight? Dems will get a hold of you again."

Birdie is gone so I am to assume he has learned to fly.

PS No the cats couldn't have got him cause we took roll call and they were all in the house.

D

dems4me

river rat said:
Dems' cat Duchess, was kind enough to bring home a baby sparrow yesterday (late afternoon)

Dems' yelled for me like her hair was on fire!

I ran from the shower partially clothed only to find that I about broke my neck over an effing bird.

Anyhow, Dems' put the birdie in a lil' tub with grass, towel, water and all the comforts of home and shut it in the bathroom over night.

I rose early (0600) and took the bird out to the bird feeders. I set the birdie in there with a milk cap full of water, in hopes that it's mother or another mother would help.

Then it happened (Dems saw it, not me, I was busy.) The big sparrow flew into the house and kicked it out and made it fly.
Then it kept tormenting the poor thing (according to Dems).

What it was really doing was screaming at it "You know what will happen to you if you don't take flight? Dems will get a hold of you again."

Birdie is gone so I am to assume he has learned to fly.

PS No the cats couldn't have got him cause we took roll call and they were all in the house.

Well there was blood on the back of his little head from the cat... I was worried the bigger sparrow was going to peck at it which is customary I beileve for birds to do. They pick at a blood spot. Eitheway, she really did just give the bird heck, but not picking at him. Also I wanted to give him some sugar water to build electrolytes up but wasn't sure if birds can have sugar water (although hummingbirds can). I thought you took pics of this? :shrug: