Baby formula

tuffenuff2

When I was at the commissary today I checked out the formula section just out of curiosity. Slim pickings. When I got to the cheap section behind the yogurt there were a few cans. I didn’t have my glasses so couldn’t check the dates but it’s there. I have a picture but it’s too large.

tuffenuff2

D55271DD-E48C-41FC-A0CA-F74EB6BAD9FB.jpeg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I meant to look at the baby formula shelves last time I went shopping but I forgot. I'll try and remember tomorrow. This might be another one of those blue state things where they're trying to starve people out, but red states are doing just fine.

rio

I meant to look at the baby formula shelves last time I went shopping but I forgot. I'll try and remember tomorrow. This might be another one of those blue state things where they're trying to starve people out, but red states are doing just fine.
But MD has a Republican govern....er... er...er...nevermind....we have no chance of being called a red state.

PeoplesElbow

According to the Wall Street Journal Tennessee and Kansas are hit really hard by the shortage.

TPD

the poor dad
There have to be other alternatives. I can't imagine I was fed formula in the 60s, and I'm more of a thigh baby than a breast baby. I was gonna add that I turned out ok for not having formula, but that could and will be debated.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
There have to be other alternatives. I can't imagine I was fed formula in the 60s, and I'm more of a thigh baby than a breast baby. I was gonna add that I turned out ok for not having formula, but that could and will be debated.
I know exactly what was in our families formula, Pet brand evaporated milk, malted milk powder and water. I know these as a fact because grandpa used the evaporated milk in his coffee and was known to take a bottle and squirt it in his coffee. The malted milk powder was moms and she made malted milk with the powder, milk and molasses.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Back in the day, mothers that couldn't breast feed used goat's milk, and pureed and strained vegetables for the minerals.

Today's infant "formulas" are crap junk food made to maximized profits for corporations and their shareholders.

Look at some of the ingredients used on two brands ... crap vegetable oils, GMO soy oil, whey protein, (the worse type), and synthetic vitamins which are not bioavailable to the human body, and are just excreted in the urine, (you can tell from their use of synthetic niacinamide-B3). Nicotinic acid is the natural form of B3. If lazy mothers, women, want sick children, and feminized boys, from the soy, continue using this crap. Personally I consider it a form of child abuse.

If manufactures were to use all natural ingredients, there would be far more healthier, less getting sick, babies. Though is would cost more. But, then, what price for a strong growing healthy son or daughter?

5d4ea8ef-4da3-45b9-b002-f35f02ef3947_2.97dbd824366ee8ee29f988081a710660.jpeg
2_450.jpg

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I know exactly what was in our families formula, Pet brand evaporated milk, malted milk powder and water. I know these as a fact because grandpa used the evaporated milk in his coffee and was known to take a bottle and squirt it in his coffee. The malted milk powder was moms and she made malted milk with the powder, milk and molasses.
Good info. I've got that grandson due the end of July and sure as hell don't want him to starve. I don't know if mom is planning to breast feed, but will encourage it if she's able. Unfortunately, some women can't. Wifey was one of them and it broke her heart when she discovered that fact.

Reactions: TPD

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That reads much like my mom did with us kids.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Good info. I've got that grandson due the end of July and sure as hell don't want him to starve. I don't know if mom is planning to breast feed, but will encourage it if she's able. Unfortunately, some women can't. Wifey was one of them and it broke her heart when she discovered that fact.
Right now you can formula on Amazon. It takes a week or so to get in, but prior planning fixes supply chain issues. Similac has an 18 month shelf life.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Back in the day, mothers that couldn't breast feed used goat's milk, and pureed and strained vegetables for the minerals.

Today's infant "formulas" are crap junk food made to maximized profits for corporations and their shareholders.

Look at some of the ingredients used on two brands ... crap vegetable oils, GMO soy oil, whey protein, (the worse type), and synthetic vitamins which are not bioavailable to the human body, and are just excreted in the urine, (you can tell from their use of synthetic niacinamide-B3). Nicotinic acid is the natural form of B3. If lazy mothers, women, want sick children, and feminized boys, from the soy, continue using this crap. Personally I consider it a form of child abuse.

If manufactures were to use all natural ingredients, there would be far more healthier, less getting sick, babies. Though is would cost more. But, then, what price for a strong growing healthy son or daughter?

5d4ea8ef-4da3-45b9-b002-f35f02ef3947_2.97dbd824366ee8ee29f988081a710660.jpeg
2_450.jpg
You'd think that stuff would be cheaper. It's the equivalent of Kraft Macaroni and cheese.

My parents didn't even use baby food, they had a grinder and ground me up what they ate for the most part. It was a lot cheaper. They also used cloth diapers because they were cheaper, my mom just washed them out and dumped the poop down the toilet.

rio

You'd think that stuff would be cheaper. It's the equivalent of Kraft Macaroni and cheese.

My parents didn't even use baby food, they had a grinder and ground me up what they ate for the most part. It was a lot cheaper. They also used cloth diapers because they were cheaper, my mom just washed them out and dumped the poop down the toilet.
That's what I did with my kids. Mash up what we ate and used cloth diapers. The old fashioned kind with pins, even!