Baby Found Dead at Pax River

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The intent of this message is to reiterate something that mAlice posted that I really loved, and thought should be repeated.

There was a time I would have been part of the lynching mob, but today I'm trying to put this tragedy in perspective, which I'm finding quite impossible. This is a tragedy that usually happens a little further away, and I don't know anyone associated with it in any fashion. That's not the case this time, so it's having a rather tortuous impact on my day. My heart is breaking. I want to reach out to all involved and do something to make it better, but there is no making it better.

FWIW, to the family; If you're reading this, my heart goes out to you. I wish I could turn back time, just for you, so yesterday could be done over. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.

To the first responder, I'm sorry you had to bear witness to such a tragedy, and no, I don't think anyone is ever prepared for something like this.

To all of the people who work at bldg 2187, I hope that you'll be supportive to this family, and if you have children, hug them a little tighter, a little more often.

The other thread had been junked up with people with pitchforks decimating this man for his actions, and I want to turn the thread back into what I intended in the first place: to share sadness at the death of a beautiful baby.

The thread took many turns, and became unbearable for me to read, when the "Person Who Makes All Threads About Her" contributed absolutely nothing to the intent of my original post. I had to delete that crap, because I don't want to read her shiat any longer.

Let's get back on track and honor the sweet angel.

That was the best post in the entire thread. A horrible tragedy that elicits tons of emotions. My heart goes out to the entire family and the people closest to them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think the car makers weaseled out of that one.

?? It was only recently invented and prototyped...and it's for infant/child seats. Looks like a great opportunity for the manufacturers of the child seats..I would expect that is who will buy the rights and commercialize the technology. Or one of the baby monitor companies..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I read something yesterday about this technology ( or something similar ) being on a bill for car manufacturers, but they got out of it because of the law suits that would have been brought due to the possible failure of said technology. I thought it was in the thread that was deleted. Maybe the person who posted it yesterday will post it again.

It has no business being part of a car's manufacture anyway, IMO. What percentage of all cars built ever carry children in car seats?

The point is that a technology has been developed and tested and is ready to be commercialized....and I'm betting it gets picked up by a higher-end child safety equipment manufacturer.

MMDad

Lem Putt
It has no business being part of a car's manufacture anyway, IMO. What percentage of all cars built ever carry children in car seats?

The point is that a technology has been developed and tested and is ready to be commercialized....and I'm betting it gets picked up by a higher-end child safety equipment manufacturer.

Making something take less of our attention is the problem, not the solution. You know that there are people who will get the alarm then think that they can pay less attention now since they have backup.

I feel the same way about most of the technology that has gone into making cars "safer." Since we now have TPMS nobody checks their tires until the light goes on. Traction control means that you can drive like crazy because your car will save you. We've made cars so crash worthy that people think that they don't have to pay attention since a crash is not likely to kill them.

As long as people are human they will make mistakes. Some of those will be fatal. Maybe education can reduce the frequency, but it will never be eliminated.

KDENISE977

Making something take less of our attention is the problem, not the solution. You know that there are people who will get the alarm then think that they can pay less attention now since they have backup.

I feel the same way about most of the technology that has gone into making cars "safer." Since we now have TPMS nobody checks their tires until the light goes on. Traction control means that you can drive like crazy because your car will save you. We've made cars so crash worthy that people think that they don't have to pay attention since a crash is not likely to kill them.

As long as people are human they will make mistakes. Some of those will be fatal. Maybe education can reduce the frequency, but it will never be eliminated.

I agree with you ! On the news they were saying to have "dads" put their cell phones in the back of the vehicle when transporting their children so they "can't" forget them... OMG are you freaking SERIOUS??? Is that how pathetic society has become, that you'll remember a cell phone and not your own flesh and blood?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
mAlice; You are the one that specifically implied that the sensing and alarm technology I posted a link to would have already been mandated in cars but that the manufacturers somehow "blew it off" or wriggled out somehow. Clearly, I disagree with that premise; simple as that.

I'm betting that it will be commercially available pretty soon, and parents that want to buy it, will be able to. I'm sure not all parents purchase baby monitors either....but we had one for two of our four. Personal choices. :yay:

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Really?

How disappointing that this has once again turned into something that I never wanted.

Jeebus Cripes.

somdfunguy

not impressed
The intent of this message is to reiterate something that mAlice posted that I really loved, and thought should be repeated.

The other thread had been junked up with people with pitchforks decimating this man for his actions, and I want to turn the thread back into what I intended in the first place: to share sadness at the death of a beautiful baby.

The thread took many turns, and became unbearable for me to read, when the "Person Who Makes All Threads About Her" contributed absolutely nothing to the intent of my original post. I had to delete that crap, because I don't want to read her shiat any longer.

Let's get back on track and honor the sweet angel.

Thank you, I knew nothing of the other thread and the quote is the truth. I had such a fear of this happening to me when we were pregnant with our first. There are no words for this other than heartache and sadness.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Should I delete the link to that new car seat alarm technology? I thought is was a pretty good development, actually.