baby goats

smurfette

OK, i know this is not the goat forum, but some of us horse peeps have goats too. I posted on the farm animal forum, but it is not as busy as this one. Wondering if there is anyone in the southern calvert area with experience delivering goat kids. I got two pygmy goats and it turns out one was preggo when I got her. Gestation is about 5 months which is about how long we have had her. I'd like to be able to call on someone closer than my horse vet if a problem arises. Please pm me if you would be able to offer me any support. Thanks so much!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
OK, i know this is not the goat forum, but some of us horse peeps have goats too. I posted on the farm animal forum, but it is not as busy as this one. Wondering if there is anyone in the southern calvert area with experience delivering goat kids. I got two pygmy goats and it turns out one was preggo when I got her. Gestation is about 5 months which is about how long we have had her. I'd like to be able to call on someone closer than my horse vet if a problem arises. Please pm me if you would be able to offer me any support. Thanks so much!

I can bottle feed them and I guess I have some experience in birthing these babies.. Mostly with horses and cattle, but no vet here, willing to help...

smurfette

one kid

Hey guys.... one baby born last night sometime... hubby found him up dry and nursing at 8 am thismorning. My pix are too big to post... gotta figure out how to resize them. He is so cute... all white like his mama!! Thanks for all the offers of support, but i guess mama goat did it covertly so i would not have to stress over it! Haha:yahoo: