Baby Shower question

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
My son and his girlfriend are expecting their first baby in June. Her mom is hosting the baby shower. I dont have a large family, but I am paying for the food. I am not sure if I should invivite my best friend to the shower or should I just keep it to my six family members???

vbailey

vbailey
My son and his girlfriend are expecting their first baby in June. Her mom is hosting the baby shower. I dont have a large family, but I am paying for the food. I am not sure if I should invivite my best friend to the shower or should I just keep it to my six family members???

My daughter is having her first in late May, her girlfriend is having a Baby shower for her with my help. I plan to invite all of my best girlfriends.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member

Of course you should. More presents! :starcat:

meangirl

Nice lady!

You should invite anyone you want to be there. Especially your best friend.

Congrats, btw! :flowers:

Poohhunny1605

Invite all the people that the baby will know..Including your friends/family/co-workers..whatever. I ended up having 3 baby showers..1 at work, 1 for family/friends and then again in the hospital lol...Anyways, your son, your friends..Anyone he knows or anyone that he is friends with should be invited. Like K Jo Said More Presents :starcat:

vbailey

vbailey

This will be my first Grandchild, Iam very excited and my girlfriends are all excited for me. I plan to invite them but I will not be offended at all if they do not come. I just want to share my excitment with my Best friends, It's not so much about the gifts, but most all of my girlfriends are willing to help if even just a small gift.

vbailey

vbailey
Invite all the people that the baby will know..Including your friends/family/co-workers..whatever. I ended up having 3 baby showers..1 at work, 1 for family/friends and then again in the hospital lol...Anyways, your son, your friends..Anyone he knows or anyone that he is friends with should be invited. Like K Jo Said More Presents :starcat:

I agree with this....and having more than one shower ( all co-workers at one, family for another, church family, etc ) I would try not to invite all the same people to every shower. But Best Friends/close friends should NOT be left out,let them celebrate with you!!!

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

You should bring them with you! :huggy:

I had three baby showers with my first and one with my second.

My first baby shower was given by my husband's work co-workers. My second baby shower was given by my sister in law in Indiana with the in law family and friends. My third baby shower given by another sister in law with the my family and friends. I was exhausted already. :lmao:

With my second pregnancy, I only had one baby shower at work given by a co-worker, and that was it because it was a second baby boy. I was told that if I was expecting a girl, I would have had another "three" baby showers to attend to get all "girly" clothes and stuff. :lmao:

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Thanks everyone -I will invite my friends. She is probably going to have two showers - one with family and friends and the other with her friends. Its a girl. Our first grandbaby and her parents first grandbaby.

Whenever I host a babyshower, I always tell all the guests to bring the new mother socks... plenty of socks. A new mother could never have enough new, clean, dry socks. :smile: It also makes it easier on the new mother to write the thank you cards as all she has to remember is "Thank you for the lovely socks." :smile:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Whenever I host a babyshower, I always tell all the guests to bring the new mother socks... plenty of socks. A new mother could never have enough new, clean, dry socks. :smile: It also makes it easier on the new mother to write the thank you cards as all she has to remember is "Thank you for the lovely socks." :smile:
See, and whenever I host a baby shower, I always tell the invited guests to bring a present for the baby AND a gift for me.

:biggrin:

And in an effort to garner as many presents as possible, I'd also recommend going through the phone book and getting the names and addresses of everyone possible and sending them an invitation. It makes finding a suitable location somewhat frustrating, but the sizeable pile of loot makes it all worth while.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
You don't even have to ask. It's your family's baby too. Just because she's hosting it does not make it hers. It's for the baby and anyone with gifts & money can come. If they give you any problems let me know. :boxing:

me123

I know this is a little different, but when i had my sister's Bridal Shower, I invited my mom's friends too. I asked my mom who she wanted there. Also, i checked with my sister's husbands mom to see if she wanted anyone there as well. Its communication and if you want your friends to be there then invite them! You're son is the father of the baby so that makes you a key factor and if you want your friends there then you should. I'm sure her parents are going to have friends there to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And in an effort to garner as many presents as possible, I'd also recommend going through the phone book and getting the names and addresses of everyone possible and sending them an invitation. It makes finding a suitable location somewhat frustrating, but the sizeable pile of loot makes it all worth while.
Good thinking :yay: Most of the people would just assume the guest of honor was someone's daughter or something.

SoMDGirl42

Not only your best friend, but don't forget to invite all the fourmites too! We love us some babies! :biggirn: