Babylon Bee: "Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Economics Degree Recalled"

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
As usual, the Babylon Bee, FTW!

Link: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Economics Degree Recalled

WASHINGTON, D.C.—After Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez spent a few minutes on Twitter lamenting the price of a croissant at an airport, linking it to the need for a higher minimum wage for some reason, an independent degree quality control board issued an emergency recall on her economics degree.

Basic Economic Understanding Bureau officials burst into the congresswoman's office and confiscated her economics degree early Tuesday morning "for the safety of the nation." They found it hanging on the wall next to a hammer & sickle flag. They tore it down and returned it to Boston University for safekeeping.

"We received distress calls from millions of concerned Americans," one BEUB official said. "We pulled up Representative Ocasio-Cortez's Twitter account, and sure enough, she compared the price of a croissant with the price of an hour of human labor. She seemed to have no understanding of the underlying facts."

"We get lots of calls like this for economics degrees from Boston University, but we can usually resolve the issue without resorting to confiscation. So it just goes to show that this was definitely a 911 situation we have here," he added sternly.

I'm a bad person. I snipped pretty much the whole thing....

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

Did you see her latest about how the Republicans created the 22nd amendment to make sure FDR didn't get elected to another term?
Yep. They ROBBED him. What scoundrels.

Of course, the rest of us know that Roosevelt died in office in '45 and that Truman completed his term. And that the 22nd amendment went
through two years LATER, with 47 Democrats voting yea in the House (285-121) and 16 Democrats voting for in the Senate (59-23).
So she's even wrong about who got it passed.

I liked Liz Cheney's response on Twitter - “We knew the Democrats let dead people vote. According to AOC, they can run for president too.”

For everyone out there who feel that conservatives are unfairly dumping on her, the truth is - she just needs to stop saying stupid things like this.
Maybe give her mouth a rest for a few days.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Did you see her latest about how the Republicans created the 22nd amendment to make sure FDR didn't get elected to another term?
Yep. They ROBBED him. What scoundrels.

Of course, the rest of us know that Roosevelt died in office in '45 and that Truman completed his term. And that the 22nd amendment went
through two years LATER, with 47 Democrats voting yea in the House (285-121) and 16 Democrats voting for in the Senate (59-23).
So she's even wrong about who got it passed.

I liked Liz Cheney's response on Twitter - “We knew the Democrats let dead people vote. According to AOC, they can run for president too.”

For everyone out there who feel that conservatives are unfairly dumping on her, the truth is - she just needs to stop saying stupid things like this.
Maybe give her mouth a rest for a few days.
Liz Cheney for the winf!

Yes, I did. Whole thing was amazing. For me, for two reasons.

First, so now we know (or have confirmed) AOC is in over her head.

But second, don't the panel moderators/interviewers have some sort of "professional" obligation or courtesy to correct her as it happens? If not, AOC gets roasted later, but the moderators look either stupid, colluding with her, or both. You would think they would correct her if only out of self-interest.

--- End of line (MCP)