Back PAIN

Roman

I hate to be such a complainer, it sucks. I am lucky enough not to be chained to a desk and I have been trying to keep the muscles loose and one of those ice-hot patches on it. The coughing just makes it hard. I literally stop in he hallway and brace myself when I gotta cough. Oh and on a really stupid sidebar, I have zero flat dress shoes. I'm a frickin IDIOT! But, I will make it and work on building stronger back muscles! :cheers: thanks
Be careful of those icy-Hot patches. But at least you're back to work.

Roman

Oh no, what do they do? Is my skin gonna melt off??
No, but I have seen some people come in to the Office that had burns from them. I can't remember the circumstance, but I think one of the Patients had one on, and then fell asleep with a heating pad. EWWW...that was bad!

hotcoffee

Rather than go to the expense of the TENS unit.... why not go to a doctor....

Dr. Cirillo [sp?] in Prince Frederick is awesome. He has an xray machine right there in the office. If it's just a pulled muscle, he can prescribe a mild aid.

It might be something else going on. Lord knows, having a baby can really put the back out of whack.... Then carrying that little one, and chasing that little one around for four years.... you know what I mean....

Does anyone in your family have arthritis? It could be a bit of degenerative disc disease.... and a cortisone shot might just clear it right up for you..... And he might prescribe a couple of visits to the physical therapist .... that's where you get the tens, and ultrasound massage, and exercises to push that pain right away....

I feel for you.... but since you have little ones... you should consider going to a doctor to have the problem diagnosed... before it gets worse with age and wear!

:coffee:

KDENISE977

Rather than go to the expense of the TENS unit.... why not go to a doctor....

Dr. Cirillo [sp?] in Prince Frederick is awesome. He has an xray machine right there in the office. If it's just a pulled muscle, he can prescribe a mild aid.

It might be something else going on. Lord knows, having a baby can really put the back out of whack.... Then carrying that little one, and chasing that little one around for four years.... you know what I mean....

Does anyone in your family have arthritis? It could be a bit of degenerative disc disease.... and a cortisone shot might just clear it right up for you..... And he might prescribe a couple of visits to the physical therapist .... that's where you get the tens, and ultrasound massage, and exercises to push that pain right away....

I feel for you.... but since you have little ones... you should consider going to a doctor to have the problem diagnosed... before it gets worse with age and wear!

:coffee:

I've been to the doctor, this wasn't the first time. The only thing they prescribe is bed rest. The last time it was this bad I was 7 months pregnant.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
I've been to the doctor, this wasn't the first time. The only thing they prescribe is bed rest. The last time it was this bad I was 7 months pregnant.

why not go to a doctor who specializes in the back? I did and found out i have 4 bulging discs as he sent me for an mri. I also have arthritis in my back too which at times is a pain to deal with. I can recommend a good back doctor but u will have to travel all the way to baltimore. I went there because we don't trust anyone here in stmarys or calvert and this doctor came highly recommended from my aunts back doctor in upstate ny.

xobxdoc

Saunders Home Traction device for lower lumbar. This $400 device corrected my herniated L5S1. The doctor in Calvert I went to wanted to fuse my spine. As soon as you get in this device and apply pressure, you can feel the radiating pain in your legs disappear. It eventually pulled the disc back in place and the lower back pain went away. A lot better than invasive back surgery.
Saunders Lumbar Hometrac W User S Guide (501005) - Product Reviews and Prices - Shopping.com

Last edited: