Bacon

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I cube my bacon and throw into a pot. Yes, a pot, for deeper grease. Stir often to break apart. Perfect crispy pieces, fried to perfection.

luvmygdaughters

I have an electric griddle, I put 5 or 6 pieces on a cold griddle and let it warm up. Usually cook on one side for about 6-7 minutes over med-low heat, flip and cook and additional 5 minutes. Comes out crispy and delicious everytime. Of course, I drain the bacon grease in my jar to use in other dishes...like fresh green beans and taters!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
not after all the things I find when I'm processing hogs...-).

Years ago I caught a few pollock in Alaska. They are the same fish that fast food restaurants use for their fried fish sandwiches. I cleaned 4 of them and they were all filled with nasty worms. 1 had more than a dozen of them. After that I let released any that I caught. I made a mental note not to order a FF fried fish ever again.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Bacon jam

Another think I've learned in to cube up the bacon (ends and pieces) and stir fry till all of the fat is rendered out add a little onion brown sugar, sherry vinegar, thyme, coffee and cayenne. Cook until it thickens and put anywhere that a little bacon is going to help

Hannibal

Me: Flat top griddle, evenly spaced, low/med heat .... until crispy.
Wife: Over on a cookie sheet lined w/ alum foil.

I'll eat it however it's cooked. Now, once you get past the actual bacon, it's real value shines.

Bacon grease is the ESSENTIAL essential oil. It goes with everything and it's collected like precious water in a desert at my house. Just this week, my wife added it to the noodles for tuna casserole and fettucine carbanera. Mmmm. I will use it when cooking deer steaks (or really any steak for that matter). Use it with fried eggs. Even used it when making grilled cheeses on a particularly "fast ass" day. It was amazing BTW.

I am working from home tomorrow and plan to cook up some breakfast sandwiches for the kids. Not because I am good Dad, but because I plan on loading up on bacon grease to make a nice batch of bacon/maple infused bourbon this weekend. That's where it really stands out.