Bad experience while voting today

kenisgod1

So this morning I go to Berry Elementary to perform my civic duty and vote as I've been doing for the past 25 years.

But I did not have a good experience today.

As I'm walking to the entrance, I'm approached by a Troy Berry supporter and she offers me a campaign flyer to which I said "No Thank You, I have several at home".

Then suddenly the whole group of Berry supporters begins to ridicule and laugh at me as I walk by. This made me very uncomfortable.

Several people noticed this and one even commented, "They're giving him a bad name".

All the other campaign workers were polite when I didn't accept their handouts and told me to have a nice day.

The sort of behavior is simply unacceptable.

I voted for Berry in this election and the primary, but he will not get my vote in the future.

Ken

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
Details?

I always get annoyed with the pushy folks at the polls handing crap out. I don't mind saying hi to folks who are out to support what they believe in, holding signs and offering fliers and such, but don't start pontificating to me on my way in.

tommyjo

So this morning I go to Berry Elementary to perform my civic duty and vote as I've been doing for the past 25 years.

As I'm walking to the entrance, I'm approached by a Troy Berry supporter and she offers me a campaign flyer to which I said "No Thank You, I have several at home".

Then suddenly the whole group of Berry supporters begins to ridicule and laugh at me as I walk by. This made me very uncomfortable.

Several people noticed this and one even commented, "They're giving him a bad name".

All the other campaign workers were polite when I didn't accept their handouts and told me to have a nice day.

The sort of behavior is simply unacceptable.

I voted for Berry in this election and the primary, but he will not get my vote in the future.

Ken

If they were rude to you on the way in and it bothered you so, why did you vote for the Mr. Berry? Why didn't you look those folks in the eye and told them they just lost their candidate a vote.

All you did was justify their behavior.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I voted at Greenview Knolls and not only were the poll workers polite and efficient, the campaigners were very polite as well. They said, "Good morning, thank you for voting," without bothering me about their candidate(s). When I left they said, "Thank you for voting, have a great day." I also took an exit poll from some girls from the college.

What I did notice is that when I clicked a box it would sometimes click the box above it, so my guess is that's where a lot of the "voting machine fraud" is coming from. My Libertarian votes wanted to check the Republican box above, and my Republican votes wanted to click the Democrat above them. My Democrat votes did just find because they were the top listing. More of an alignment issue than any real fraud.

Midnightrider

I voted at Greenview Knolls and not only were the poll workers polite and efficient, the campaigners were very polite as well. They said, "Good morning, thank you for voting," without bothering me about their candidate(s). When I left they said, "Thank you for voting, have a great day." I also took an exit poll from some girls from the college.

What I did notice is that when I clicked a box it would sometimes click the box above it, so my guess is that's where a lot of the "voting machine fraud" is coming from. My Libertarian votes wanted to check the Republican box above, and my Republican votes wanted to click the Democrat above them. My Democrat votes did just find because they were the top listing. More of an alignment issue than any real fraud.

the hell you say..... this was clearly an organized attempt at taking votes from the libertarian candidates :sarcasm:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
the hell you say..... this was clearly an organized attempt at taking votes from the libertarian candidates :sarcasm:

Well, I guess you could make the case that, since most of the incumbents are Democrats and would therefore be first on the list followed by the Republican challenger, the misalignment was intentional. Don't know, I'm just relaying my experience and what I think the problem was. They should have had a stylus instead of having to use your finger.

Midnightrider

Well, I guess you could make the case that, since most of the incumbents are Democrats and would therefore be first on the list followed by the Republican challenger, the misalignment was intentional. Don't know, I'm just relaying my experience and what I think the problem was. They should have had a stylus instead of having to use your finger.

having read the early complaints i checked my ballot closely. None of them were changed from what i had input. I am still not convinced that the 'electronic' vote was actually counted/cast, but my vote was recorded on the screen correctly

BigBlue

Details?

I always get annoyed with the pushy folks at the polls handing crap out. I don't mind saying hi to folks who are out to support what they believe in, holding signs and offering fliers and such, but don't start pontificating to me on my way in.

If that happens then they are to be reported to the election officials inside and they will be made to leave ,I know , I've done it !No need to have people hounding the voters !

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
having read the early complaints i checked my ballot closely. None of them were changed from what i had input. I am still not convinced that the 'electronic' vote was actually counted/cast, but my vote was recorded on the screen correctly

I got kind of excited when I clicked the box and it checked the box above it. "Voter fraud!! :yahoo:" I corrected it, then when I moved on and had the same problem I realized what was happening.

:bigwhoop:

Everything was correct when I looked it over before casting my ballot.

CRHS89

I thought the campaigners weren't allowed to walk up to voters as they were walking in? Did it used to be that way and changed or am I completely off base?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I thought the campaigners weren't allowed to walk up to voters as they were walking in? Did it used to be that way and changed or am I completely off base?

There's no electioneering within 100 feet of the polls. They can talk to you prior to that.

Rommey

Normally I just walk past them with a purpose. I don't even acknowledge they are there. Sometimes I'll stop and humor them...but I'm sure to tell them that I specifically will NOT vote for whomever they were stumping for.

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
If that happens then they are to be reported to the election officials inside and they will be made to leave ,I know , I've done it !No need to have people hounding the voters !

I didn't even think of that. I wasn't really yapped at this morning, but it's happened to me before. I just had some guy telling me I had to "support the teachers union" and giving me a pamphlet telling me who they wanted me to vote for. I didn't even read it, and it wasn't even good for making a paper airplane out of, or giving to my kid to draw on, so I tossed it as I walked in.

resident21613

All of the campaigners are odd around here at the polls. Back home I never remember people around the polls and in fact I remember signs disallowing such activities.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just had some guy telling me I had to "support the teachers union" and giving me a pamphlet telling me who they wanted me to vote for. .

That's pretty funny..when you consider how often their sock puppets come on here and try to claim that "there isn't a teachers union" here , when that is what they think suits their arguments better....:killingme

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Are people allowed to use cellphones to take pictures in the polling place? Just curious, because a candidate over here took a picture of the ballot screen with their name/box checked and posted it on FB encouraging people to get out and vote.

glhs837

Power with Control
Was brutal down at Ridge VFD tonight.......was in and out in five minutes...... tough, but we got through it...... :)

MarieB

Are people allowed to use cellphones to take pictures in the polling place? Just curious, because a candidate over here took a picture of the ballot screen with their name/box checked and posted it on FB encouraging people to get out and vote.

I never considered doing so, but I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed

TPD

the poor dad

I took a pic of my final ballot because I am old and can never remember who I voted for. I saw no signs that said I couldn't take pics but of course I am old and can't see either.