Bad experience while voting today

Goldenhawk

Last year when I voted I pulled out my cell phone to review my notes about some of the more obscure races, and was told by the lurking election official that the use of electronic devices in the voting room wasn't allowed. (That was during early voting in the governmental center in L'town, not in the regional polling places like the schools.) This is backed up by the Maryland code:
http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/getfile.aspx?file=33.07.04.02.htm

.02 Cell Phones, Pagers, Cameras, etc.

A. In General. Except as specified in §B of this regulation, electronic communication devices may not be used in a polling place. Prohibited devices include:
(1) Cameras;
(2) Cellular telephones;
(3) Pagers; or
(4) Computer equipment.

B. Exceptions. This regulation does not apply to the use of:
(1) Cameras by media representatives; or
(2) Cellular telephones, pagers, or computer equipment by election officials or law enforcement officers, when acting in their official capacities.

TPD

the poor dad
Last year when I voted I pulled out my cell phone to review my notes about some of the more obscure races, and was told by the lurking election official that the use of electronic devices in the voting room wasn't allowed. (That was during early voting in the governmental center in L'town, not in the regional polling places like the schools.) This is backed up by the Maryland code:

Well lock me up and throw away the key! Republicans are gonna change all this and get our country back!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

.02 Cell Phones, Pagers, Cameras, etc.

A. In General. Except as specified in §B of this regulation, electronic communication devices may not be used in a polling place. Prohibited devices include:
(1) Cameras;
(2) Cellular telephones;
(3) Pagers; or
(4) Computer equipment.

Interesting. This happens to be the same candidate I saw "electioneering" in the US Post Office building lobby in PF - which is located right across the street from the Early Voting Center in PF. They were handing out those big glossy flyers which were unmistakeably their own. They had NO other mail in their hands. They were "chatting" with more than 1 other person. One of those people said he was headed over to the Early Voting Center "right then and there to vote".

I was actually still on the clock for work, and had an appointment for our cat at the vet within 1/2 hour, so I had no time to confront them. I was tempted, though.

Anyhoo, they lost their election. :shrug:

bilbur

Well, I guess you could make the case that, since most of the incumbents are Democrats and would therefore be first on the list followed by the Republican challenger, the misalignment was intentional. Don't know, I'm just relaying my experience and what I think the problem was. They should have had a stylus instead of having to use your finger.
Just my opinion but those touch screens need to be configured before they are used and this is usually done by touching a series of squares when the machine is fist powered on. If the person that configured it rushed through the process they may have created the issue. If you tell one of the people in charge they should either reconfigure it or take it off the floor.