Bald Eagles

Bonehead

Anyone know if this is mating season for bald eagles. I saw six mature eagles in group on Saturday and they were chasing each other. Pretty cool sight. I have seen single birds and even pairs but never six at one time over our house.

A

alucard

I saw two of them flying around Saturday morning while I was playing Golf.

Jameo

What?!
I was coming into work this morning and saw one just hovering over the water with the sunrise in the background. What a pretty sight! And I didn't have my damn camera!! :tantrum :jameo: :tantrum :jameo:

Bonehead said:
Anyone know if this is mating season for bald eagles. I saw six mature eagles in group on Saturday and they were chasing each other. Pretty cool sight. I have seen single birds and even pairs but never six at one time over our house.

Yes, it is. Actually, the mating time may have already passed (but it was recently.). If you check out the Blackwater Refuge Eagle cam you can see the momma Eagle protecting her first egg that she produced just last week!

http://www.friendsofblackwater.org/camhtm2.html

They also hang out on the Osprey platform while the Ospreys are gone.
http://www.friendsofblackwater.org/camhtm.html

rack'm

Jaded
Jameo said:
I was coming into work this morning and saw one just hovering over the water with the sunrise in the background. What a pretty sight! And I didn't have my damn camera!! :tantrum :jameo: :tantrum :jameo:

HA HA! :neener:

At least the sun is up when you are going to work, it was DARK when I got to work. :ohwell:

Jameo

What?!
rack'm said:
HA HA! :neener:

At least the sun is up when you are going to work, it was DARK when I got to work. :ohwell:

I was running WAY late :ohwell: Which was why I didn't turn around to get the camera. :tantrum which I should have done anyways. :tantrum

rack'm

Jaded
Jameo said:
I was running WAY late :ohwell: Which was why I didn't turn around to get the camera. :tantrum which I should have done anyways. :tantrum

I feel your pain really......a couple weeks ago I was heading to Waldorf and an Eagle was diving at a duck that was floating on a pond just south of Forrest Park.....I didn't have my camera that day either. :banghead:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bonehead said:

That had to be a beautiful sight. :yay: I saw a pair of them last week on my way to work just soaring through the sky. Breathtaking! :clap:

Bonehead

I was driving on Indian Bridge road one evening an an eagle swooped down and snatched some road killl off the road in front of my car, scared the crap out of me and I wound up off the road in a field. Still very cool after I pulled the seat cover out of my puckered place.......

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
I know of two nesting pairs within 10 miles of me and each other. There was a pair building a nest Friday. One tried to pick up one of the ducks we shot. True story. :yay: :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
greyhound said:
An eagle was found dead in the road in so. Calvert last week. I wonder what happened to the eagle.

Is it the one in the article I posted earlier in this thread? He didn't die.

greyhound

cattitude said:
Is it the one in the article I posted earlier in this thread? He didn't die.

Catt...that is the one! Sorry I missed your post. Glad to hear the Eagle is ok. Kids were coming into school very concerned about seeing the eagle.

Happy ending!

smoothmarine187

Jeepinmpd said:
I saw one in my bathroom this morning . So cute :yay:

Hmmmm I was just noticing your name.........is this what it really means?

2. jeepin

To have a sexual relationship with someone other then your significant other.