Ballot amendment

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Maryland Question 1, the Renaming of the Courts of Appeals and Special Appeals Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports renaming the Maryland Court of Appeals to the Supreme Court of Maryland and the Maryland Court of Special Appeals to the Appellate Court of Maryland.
A "no" vote opposes renaming the Maryland Court of Appeals to the Supreme Court of Maryland and the Maryland Court of Special Appeals to the Appellate Court of Maryland.

Maryland Question 2, the Residency Requirements for State Legislators Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports amending the state constitution to require beginning in January 2024 that candidates for the state legislature maintain a primary place of abode in the district they wish to represent for at least six months prior to the date of their election or for as long as the district has been in existence and changing all gendered language in the amended sections to gender-neutral language.
A "no" vote opposes amending the state constitution to require, in addition to the existing six-month district residency requirement, that candidates for the state legislature maintain a primary place of abode in the district they wish to represent for at least six months prior to the date of their election or for as long as the district has been in existence and changing all gendered language in the amended sections to gender-neutral language.

Maryland Question 3, the Civil Jury Trials Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports amending the state constitution to increase from $15,000 to $25,000 the minimum amount in controversy that guarantees a right to a jury trial in civil cases.
A "no" vote opposes amending the state constitution to increase from $15,000 to $25,000 the minimum amount in controversy that guarantees a right to a jury trial in civil cases.

Maryland Question 4, the Marijuana Legalization Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports legalizing marijuana for adults 21 years of age or older beginning in July 2023 and directing the Maryland State Legislature to pass laws for the use, distribution, regulation, and taxation of marijuana.
A "no" vote opposes legalizing marijuana for adults 21 years of age or older beginning in July 2023 and directing the Maryland State Legislature to pass laws for the use, distribution, regulation, and taxation of marijuana.

Maryland Question 5, the Requiring Howard County Circuit Court Judges to Serve on Orphan Court Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports amending the state constitution to require that Howard County Circuit Court judges serve as orphans' court judges and remove the election requirement of three orphans' court judges.
A "no" vote opposes amending the state constitution to require that Howard County Circuit Court judges serve as orphans' court judges and remove the election requirement of three orphans' court judges.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Maryland Question 1, the Renaming of the Courts of Appeals and Special Appeals Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports renaming the Maryland Court of Appeals to the Supreme Court of Maryland and the Maryland Court of Special Appeals to the Appellate Court of Maryland.
A "no" vote opposes renaming the Maryland Court of Appeals to the Supreme Court of Maryland and the Maryland Court of Special Appeals to the Appellate Court of Maryland.

Maryland Question 2, the Residency Requirements for State Legislators Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports amending the state constitution to require beginning in January 2024 that candidates for the state legislature maintain a primary place of abode in the district they wish to represent for at least six months prior to the date of their election or for as long as the district has been in existence and changing all gendered language in the amended sections to gender-neutral language.
A "no" vote opposes amending the state constitution to require, in addition to the existing six-month district residency requirement, that candidates for the state legislature maintain a primary place of abode in the district they wish to represent for at least six months prior to the date of their election or for as long as the district has been in existence and changing all gendered language in the amended sections to gender-neutral language.

Maryland Question 3, the Civil Jury Trials Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports amending the state constitution to increase from $15,000 to $25,000 the minimum amount in controversy that guarantees a right to a jury trial in civil cases.
A "no" vote opposes amending the state constitution to increase from $15,000 to $25,000 the minimum amount in controversy that guarantees a right to a jury trial in civil cases.

Maryland Question 4, the Marijuana Legalization Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports legalizing marijuana for adults 21 years of age or older beginning in July 2023 and directing the Maryland State Legislature to pass laws for the use, distribution, regulation, and taxation of marijuana.
A "no" vote opposes legalizing marijuana for adults 21 years of age or older beginning in July 2023 and directing the Maryland State Legislature to pass laws for the use, distribution, regulation, and taxation of marijuana.

Maryland Question 5, the Requiring Howard County Circuit Court Judges to Serve on Orphan Court Amendment, is on the ballot in Maryland as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 8, 2022.
A "yes" vote supports amending the state constitution to require that Howard County Circuit Court judges serve as orphans' court judges and remove the election requirement of three orphans' court judges.
A "no" vote opposes amending the state constitution to require that Howard County Circuit Court judges serve as orphans' court judges and remove the election requirement of three orphans' court judges.

Amendment 1, doesn’t matter to anyone and I have no idea why they’re wasting ink on it
Amendment 2, seems like common sense, you should live in the district you represent
Amendment 3, I’m a no on this. $25K is a lot of money and if I want a jury I should get one.
Amendment 4, I’m a yes on this only because I think people should be able to go to hell any way they’re happy with.
Amendment 5, I don’t understand and since I don’t live there it’s a moot point.

TPD

the poor dad
Amendment 1 - no. Why waste the money on name changes
Amendment 2 - no. I was a yes until I got to the neutered part. I don't support gender neutral language
Amendment 3 - no. Like Merlin, I want a jury trial regardless of the amount
Amendment 4 - no. I feel it will lead to more problems than we already have
Amendment 5 - no. There is nothing wrong with having the citizens elect orphans court judges

Bonehead

Amendment 1 - no. Why waste the money on name changes
Amendment 2 - no. I was a yes until I got to the neutered part. I don't support gender neutral language
Amendment 3 - no. Like Merlin, I want a jury trial regardless of the amount
Amendment 4 - no. I feel it will lead to more problems than we already have
Amendment 5 - no. There is nothing wrong with having the citizens elect orphans court judges
Yeah can you imagine the number of stoned drivers there would be !! It's a death defying act as it is (driving) we don't need more impaired drivers.

Reactions: TPD