Baltimore Is Named America's Fittest City

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BALTIMORE - Baltimore has been named America's fittest city, with Chicago overtaking Houston as the fattest. Last year's fittest city, Seattle, drops to No. 8 in the new list, released today by Men's Fitness magazine.

When the annual survey named Baltimore the fittest city in America, many Charm City residents had the same response: You gotta be kidding.

Sure, people here are known for eating lots of seafood, but are crab cakes and deep-fried lake trout the staples of a healthy diet?

"I think it's probably the most mis-fit city in America," said Charisse Bailey as she dug into a typical Baltimore lunch: fried red snapper on thick white bread, with a side of french fries and a beer.

The city's skyline is dotted with neon signs advertising Domino sugar, Utz potato chips and National Bohemian beer. And while many neighborhoods, such as Fells Point and Federal Hill, have been transformed by an influx of young professionals, a Friday night visit to either reveals a culture that revolves around drinking and greasy food.

Nevertheless, Men's Fitness magazine placed Baltimore at the top of its annual list of cities where fitness is king, ahead of Honolulu (No. 2 for the second consecutive year), San Francisco (No. 7) and last year's winner, Seattle (No. 8).

"You gotta be kidding"...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
jazz lady said:
BALTIMORE - Baltimore has been named America's fittest city, with Chicago overtaking Houston as the fattest. Last year's fittest city, Seattle, drops to No. 8 in the new list, released today by Men's Fitness magazine.

When the annual survey named Baltimore the fittest city in America, many Charm City residents had the same response: You gotta be kidding.

Sure, people here are known for eating lots of seafood, but are crab cakes and deep-fried lake trout the staples of a healthy diet?

"I think it's probably the most mis-fit city in America," said Charisse Bailey as she dug into a typical Baltimore lunch: fried red snapper on thick white bread, with a side of french fries and a beer.

The city's skyline is dotted with neon signs advertising Domino sugar, Utz potato chips and National Bohemian beer. And while many neighborhoods, such as Fells Point and Federal Hill, have been transformed by an influx of young professionals, a Friday night visit to either reveals a culture that revolves around drinking and greasy food.

Nevertheless, Men's Fitness magazine placed Baltimore at the top of its annual list of cities where fitness is king, ahead of Honolulu (No. 2 for the second consecutive year), San Francisco (No. 7) and last year's winner, Seattle (No. 8).

"You gotta be kidding"...

All the crackheads even out the fat ratio. :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I don't know the truth to it but I've also heard that Baltimore at one point was the gynoreah (sp?) Capitol of the world. :yikes:

Toxick

Splat
jazz lady said:

Exercising and getting your body down to 4% body fat qualifies as fit. Smoking crack and getting your body down to 4% body fat does not.

Someone should slap those people.

I think Lexington Park should easily come into the top 10 fittest cities in America.

(Update: I didn't see that a crack-head comment has already been made when I wrote this)

Last edited:

Spoiled

when in baltimore i dont really see anyone that is THAT over weight, and the fact that there are a ton of universities there... im not saying people eat right, but you just dont see that many morbidly obease people... maybe they just stay in doors?

undrcvr12

undrcvr12
Im gonna use this as my intro too. My name is Amber. Nice to meet you all.

Now, for the real thing. Im in school in baltimore. So when I read that I laughed my way across the room. Makes me wonder what kind of CRACK the editors at mens fitness are smokin... :bonk: