Baltimore Protests

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
This one has been around for a while, but pretty good advice.

[video=youtube;QR465HoCWFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ [/video]

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no problem agreeing with all that. But WTF happened?

Here is a wonderful thesis on the subject:

http://www.geo.hunter.cuny.edu/courses/geog347/articles/decline_human.pdf

TLDR: It's tough to do a synopsis without quoting the whole paper, but basically it boils down to climate challenges which resulted in economic decay; and warfare/political changes that caused a population fluctuation.

It happens to the best of us. Hell, it's happening in the US right now. I will submit that 1,000 years from now some guy on whatever they use for a forum then will be saying the same thing about America: WTF happened?

SamSpade

I thought the Bronze Age Started in Greece.

Well, for one thing, I never said a word about the Bronze Age, although historically, pinpointing it to a specific place and time would be difficult - once it got out you could make stronger alloys with copper, tin and anything else, the use of it spread from Northern Africa all the way to China.

The Egyptians used to 'Mine' by building a fire against a rock face, letting it get good and how and then throw cold water on it ... causing the rock face to crack

I don't doubt that. But there are archaeological digs showing the use of metal tools in some of the most ancient parts of sub-Saharan Africa. There is a mine in Swaziland that dates to 40,000 BC. They did it first. FWIW, they placed a higher value on using plain copper over other metals, but they were using iron tools inside the first millennium BC.

IIRC my schooling - 'civilization' started in the Fertile Crescent

I guess it depends on what you want to call "civilization" because the Chinese, Indians and some of the pre-Columbian civilizations of the Americas might differ with you. The Indus Valley civilization pre-dates the Sumerians by about two millennia. The Vincas of Europe are about that old.

Really, what I wanted to do was dismiss the idiotic notion that Africans were jungle-dwelling savages. They were building cities when Europeans were living in caves.

are you stating Egyptians are Africans :shrug: ... because IIRC the Egyptians called Africans Nubian which would mean the Egyptians considered themselves seperate.

Technically they are but I was trying to avoid direct references, since the writer was trying to slam "Negro" over other Africans. Being raised in the West, we learn all about Egypt and Sumer and Persia and Greece and Rome, but we don't learn much about India, China or the many empires throughout Africa. When I adopted my daughter, I had never heard of the Axumite Kingdom, only to learn just how historically significant they were. (I also didn't know that "Lucy" - heretofore believed to be the oldest modern human - was there in Addis Ababa).

[afwiw I think LR is trolling

Since the words were deliberately inflammatory - and laced with the kind of language you might find in stuff decades ago - I tend to agree. I was just trying to see if it was lifted somewhere on the Web - and the last paragraph WAS.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They had a town hall meeting yesterday with people given ideas. The North Charleston PD would welcome more black police officers the problem is that the pay sucks. The requirements they have is: HS graduate; pass background check; regular drug tests and go through 2 months of the police academy. Yet none of the residents want to join....because it is easier to complain.

And this is where so many politicians fail and WE fail by supporting them. You shout this out long and loud and over and over. "We want and can NOT find locals to be police."

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I thought the Bronze Age Started in Greece.

Well, for one thing, I never said a word about the Bronze Age, although historically, pinpointing it to a specific place and time would be difficult - once it got out you could make stronger alloys with copper, tin and anything else, the use of it spread from Northern Africa all the way to China.

The Egyptians used to 'Mine' by building a fire against a rock face, letting it get good and how and then throw cold water on it ... causing the rock face to crack

I don't doubt that. But there are archaeological digs showing the use of metal tools in some of the most ancient parts of sub-Saharan Africa. There is a mine in Swaziland that dates to 40,000 BC. They did it first. FWIW, they placed a higher value on using plain copper over other metals, but they were using iron tools inside the first millennium BC.

IIRC my schooling - 'civilization' started in the Fertile Crescent

I guess it depends on what you want to call "civilization" because the Chinese, Indians and some of the pre-Columbian civilizations of the Americas might differ with you. The Indus Valley civilization pre-dates the Sumerians by about two millennia. The Vincas of Europe are about that old.

Really, what I wanted to do was dismiss the idiotic notion that Africans were jungle-dwelling savages. They were building cities when Europeans were living in caves.

are you stating Egyptians are Africans :shrug: ... because IIRC the Egyptians called Africans Nubian which would mean the Egyptians considered themselves seperate.

Technically they are but I was trying to avoid direct references, since the writer was trying to slam "Negro" over other Africans. Being raised in the West, we learn all about Egypt and Sumer and Persia and Greece and Rome, but we don't learn much about India, China or the many empires throughout Africa. When I adopted my daughter, I had never heard of the Axumite Kingdom, only to learn just how historically significant they were. (I also didn't know that "Lucy" - heretofore believed to be the oldest modern human - was there in Addis Ababa).

Since the words were deliberately inflammatory - and laced with the kind of language you might find in stuff decades ago - I tend to agree. I was just trying to see if it was lifted somewhere on the Web - and the last paragraph WAS.

OK, lets assume Black Africa was as advanced or more than all civilizations during that time.
So, the question is, and has been asked, WTF happened. Reverse evolution? I don't know.....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Indeed ... I figured it was some screed from an Aryan Nation group ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
OK, lets assume Black Africa was as advanced or more than all civilizations during that time.
So, the question is, and has been asked, WTF happened. Reverse evolution? I don't know.....

you would have to ask Farakook ... the Nation of Islam has those answers :sarcasm:

SamSpade

I don't want to go into a lot of conjecture about civilizations because I am not an anthropologist. We've had civilizations just disappear. No one has any idea whatever happened to the Olmecs. Or the Minoans. Or, amazingly, the Mycenae. Or the Khmer. Or the Etruscans. Or any of very many smaller peoples throughout the world.

What I *think* happened to them is probably similar to what happened to Africa in the 18th and 19th centuries - colonization, exploitation, exposure to more powerful forces eventually wiped them out. What you have in Africa is the cobbling together of nations from what's left of European colonies. A pattern I've observed in history is when a smaller nation is conquered and then left after the conquering nation is done with them, is, it usually seems to disappear. It thrives only when the conquering nation chooses to stay, and they just become a part of them.

PJay

"Harry Dale HuffmanApril 14, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Sorry, but we knew the basic message already, as: "All men are created equal." That we are all "out of Africa" is, however, a modern myth, based as it is upon a religious belief among academic scientists in undirected (Darwinian) evolution--within which, genetic variations among the peoples of the Earth is ASSUMED to be due to serial variations over time, in an ASSUMED original population having essentially no genetic variations within it. They also ASSUME their identification of and dating of "anatomically modern humans", in every region of the Earth, are all accurate. That is too many assumptions for anyone to state that science knows where the human race originated on Earth. And note my use of the term "human race", which is as old as the hills and shows that science and other bigots don't know what they are talking about in their pettier, divisive definitions of "race", so it means little when scientists pretend to have debunked those petty definitions, already known to be wrong by those who have come together and easily interbreeded, and lived in close association in their respective societies, throughout history. Like the climate scientists today, they just want to have people believe them to be THE EXPERTS(TM), the sole judges whose opinions matter. I won't even try to communicate in this short space what I--also a scientist, but an independent one--have uncovered in my own researches into the origins of "modern" mankind (and the origins of the major landmasses, for of course they themselves have moved over the Earth, and not over hundreds of millions of years, either, as today's earth scientists religiously believe, but over mere thousands)."

http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/2015/04/were-all-out-of-africa.html?m=1

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
colonization.

That was my theory as well.

Back to the topic, New Jersey State Police will be joining Maryland State Police to assist in Baltimore. Assessment team from NJ is already on the ground and additional police should be rolling in this afternoon.

SamSpade

That was my theory as well.

One of the more interesting - modern - places to study is Hispaniola.
One side is Haiti - one of the world's poorest nations, and famously unstable.
The other is the Dominican Republic - the ninth largest economy in Latin America, and the largest in the Caribbean.

It's the same damned island! What gives? History tells a lot about that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

we are ****ed.jpg