Ban all guns!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Am I the only person who watched Sons of Anarchy and The Wire, or do the progs just think that was all made up and there's no such thing as illegal gun running?

I just saw this canard again with regard to children being killed by ghetto thugs - "we need to ban guns!" Um, how do you intend to enforce that when you won't even enforce the gun laws you currently have?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And these "Oh so intelligent, educated and informed people" dont' seem to get that it will work out just as well as did banning drugs... alcohol... prostitution....

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Anyone with a modestly equipped home workshop can make firearms.

I built a working submachine gun, for ROTC class in college about 45 years ago, under close supervision.
I went to Norwich, the military college in Vermont, and "Little Wars" and Terrorism were much in the minds of our instructors then. Most were veterans of action in or over Vietnam.

Hack saw, bending break, files, plumber's taps and dies...a little time with a gas brazing rig.
Only power tool I had was an electric drill. Could have replaced that with a Bit-Brace type drill.

Design was based on the WW2 "Grease Gun," but in 9mm not .45 ACP, as I was able to borrow a 30 round STEN magazine from the college museum.
Used information from the old Foxfire books to make the jig to rifle the barrel.
Used a length of DOM Schedule 80 steel tubing as the receiver shell.

Got an A+ as the thing not only worked, but stood up to a 600 round test firing.
Thing may still exist, in the arms vault in the basement of the museum.

Never built another.

Senior year, got another A for a paper about building an A-Bomb.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Never built another.

:killingme

I'm impressed. I've often thought about trying my hand at building firearms. Probably need a better shop though....

I recall the Bloom County cartoon sequence where Oliver built a thermonuclear device in the basement of their house. He scraped the luminenscent spots off of some massive number of old watches to collect enough fissile material. LMAO.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Make any crime committed with an illegally possessed gun a death penalty crime. 1 of 2 things happen. Criminals get the message or they get a jolt from ole sparky.
I don't know about any crime, but definitely major crimes. Possession of a stolen firearm used in a felony should be a life sentence, no deals, life means life.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Make any crime committed with an illegally possessed gun a death penalty crime. 1 of 2 things happen. Criminals get the message or they get a jolt from ole sparky.
There is a certain class of people in this country that don't believe they need to follow the rules, laws.
When they do get called on their behavior they have an excuse, most often like the kid that "didn't do it", they try to pass it off as someone else's fault
Skin pigment, the language the speak has nothing to do with it, it's a cultural thing that often parents reinforce by coming to their aide and defense.
They are tough guys in a mob, but when alone they run like rabbits

They have double standard, what they can do, and what others can do to them.
If they want to destroy property, assault people unexpectedly, they don't even feel a need to justify it.
But if one of those people turns the tables, they will be calling for a special prosecutor to determine if there was some sort of failure by the police to protect them.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
no, the first 2 guys picked up will be black and the law will be found to be unconstitutional.

Crabcatcher79

Am I the only person who watched Sons of Anarchy and The Wire, or do the progs just think that was all made up and there's no such thing as illegal gun running?

I just saw this canard again with regard to children being killed by ghetto thugs - "we need to ban guns!" Um, how do you intend to enforce that when you won't even enforce the gun laws you currently have?

The rest of the world seems to have figured it out. Why do you think Americans are too stupid?

Oh wait. They won’t even wear masks to avoid dying or killing their loved ones.

UglyBear

Anyone with a modestly equipped home workshop can make firearms.

I built a working submachine gun, for ROTC class in college about 45 years ago, under close supervision.
I went to Norwich, the military college in Vermont, and "Little Wars" and Terrorism were much in the minds of our instructors then. Most were veterans of action in or over Vietnam.

Hack saw, bending break, files, plumber's taps and dies...a little time with a gas brazing rig.
Only power tool I had was an electric drill. Could have replaced that with a Bit-Brace type drill.

Design was based on the WW2 "Grease Gun," but in 9mm not .45 ACP, as I was able to borrow a 30 round STEN magazine from the college museum.
Used information from the old Foxfire books to make the jig to rifle the barrel.
Used a length of DOM Schedule 80 steel tubing as the receiver shell.

Got an A+ as the thing not only worked, but stood up to a 600 round test firing.
Thing may still exist, in the arms vault in the basement of the museum.

Never built another.

Dang, you are a good person to know — cat lover who knows how to make an A-bomb! Let’s hang out :p

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:killingme

I'm impressed. I've often thought about trying my hand at building firearms. Probably need a better shop though....

I recall the Bloom County cartoon sequence where Oliver built a thermonuclear device in the basement of their house. He scraped the luminenscent spots off of some massive number of old watches to collect enough fissile material. LMAO.
Getting the fissile material is a difficulty, but the beryllium initiator core is more so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nope, the rest of the world has shootings, stabbings, beatings and other assorted mayhem just like the US.

In the Netherlands they use dental instruments:

Louise

I thought we were taking about guns. No country in the world has the same problem of mass shootings as the US

You are right. Guns have been taken away, but they still have high levels of crime with other instruments, and guns in other countries. Do you think that if guns were taken away from US citizens that legally own them, that the criminals would give up their illegal guns, too? They won’t. And, then what would the state of the USA be in; according to you? Why do you want our liberty and freedom taken away? Last time I checked, I haven’t seen any news stories about legal gun owners going out and shooting people at random. That could change if the bs continues. I feel bad for that couple in St. Louis trying to defend their home. God bless the USA.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I thought we were taking about guns. No country in the world has the same problem of mass shootings as the US
Then you should have no problem finding a new residence.

I recommend you try Iran.

It doesn't have any of those Christians you despise so much.