• no

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • yes

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Dixie

Absolutely! How else am I expected to defend myself every time the terror alert gets raised? Not to mention the herd of deers that invade my front lawn every fall.

B

Bruzilla

It looks like I'm the only one to keep the ban going. I must be the only one who doesn't want to return to the bad-old days of over-priced assault weapons imported from Europe. I like the ban because it got US gun makers to get creative and fabricate receivers that allowed them to sell parts guns... at a LOT less than the pre-ban guns. It was my hope that a renewal of the ban would get Century Arms to start making M-14 receivers so that I could get an M-1A parts rifle for about $350 vice $1,500, but now it looks like I'll have to pony up the big bucks for a SA rifle. I am sad...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
To bad the AWB sunsetting...

...won't allow us to buy assault weapons; just bayonette lugs, folding stocks, flash hiders and pistol grips and hi cap mags and other 'scary' looking parts.

Oh well, I can dream. It woulda been nice to be able to set up a MG42 in the hallway, maybe put up a quad .50 on the deck.

Gotta get me that class 3 liscense someday so I can buy assault weapons.

B

Bruzilla

Hey Larry... I walked into a place called Top Gun arms down here in Jacksonville the other day, and you would have had a siezure in there! All three walls of the place are covered with Class III weapons. He's got about 20 H&Ks (G-3s, 91s, 93s, 94s, MP-5s (one with the integral supressor), FN-FALs, loads of M-16's, M1-A1 Thompsons, you name it, he's got it. I'll have to see if he'll let me take some pics and I'll mail them up.

The guy would be arrested as a terrorist if he opened that store back in MD. :patriot:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Bruzilla said:
Hey Larry... I walked into a place called Top Gun arms down here in Jacksonville the other day, and you would have had a siezure in there! All three walls of the place are covered with Class III weapons. He's got about 20 H&Ks (G-3s, 91s, 93s, 94s, MP-5s (one with the integral supressor), FN-FALs, loads of M-16's, M1-A1 Thompsons, you name it, he's got it. I'll have to see if he'll let me take some pics and I'll mail them up.

The guy would be arrested as a terrorist if he opened that store back in MD. :patriot:
Sounds like a nice place to check out!!!

Warron

ericjackson said:
do you think people should be able to buy & own assult rifles
poll ends 9/13/04

I never supported the 94 ban and consider it nothing but a political ploy passed into law by politicians for the sole purpose of making it look like they were doing something other then wasting our tax money.

I also feel that the majority of the people who do support the law have never read any more of it then the title.

Ban a few cosmetic features on some guns and people seem to think that your taking machine guns off the streets.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gun bans are retarded because the only people they prevent from owning one are law-abiding citizens. The criminals will still get guns no matter HOW much you ban them.

I'm not a gun person and couldn't care less about assault weapons. But why ban them? Why should the bad guys have better weapons than the rest of us?

Vince

vraiblonde said:
Gun bans are retarded because the only people they prevent from owning one are law-abiding citizens. The criminals will still get guns no matter HOW much you ban them.

I'm not a gun person and couldn't care less about assault weapons. But why ban them? Why should the bad guys have better weapons than the rest of us?
Not only do they have better weapons, theirs are full auto.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bruzilla said:

JACKSONVILLE? NC?? or Florida?

B

Bruzilla

ylexot said:
I can't wait to be able to get 15-round factory mags for my Beretta for under $50 each.

If you're payin $50 for 15-rd Beretta mags, you're nuts. Go to Food Lion and snag a copy of Shotgun News. There are millions of pre-ban 15-rd mags for sale in there for about $20. They aren't Beretta factory, but you're never going to find cheap factory mags ban or no ban.

B

Bruzilla

itsbob said:
JACKSONVILLE? NC?? or Florida?

Florida! Land of no taxes, easy concealed carry permits, and insta-check background checks. :)

ylexot

Super Genius
Bruzilla said:
If you're payin $50 for 15-rd Beretta mags, you're nuts. Go to Food Lion and snag a copy of Shotgun News. There are millions of pre-ban 15-rd mags for sale in there for about $20. They aren't Beretta factory, but you're never going to find cheap factory mags ban or no ban.
I know where to get the sub-$20 15-round mags, but I don't feel like clearing jams all the time. Mec-gar is the only non-factory mags I would get, but I'd only save $5-10.

As for cheap factory mags...supply and demand. Now that there will be a supply, demand will go down along with the price.

ylexot

Super Genius
2ndAmendment said:
Is if it is pre-ban.

MD Law:
“A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.” Md. Criminal Law Code § 4-305(b). This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine. Section 4-305(a).
So, if you already have it, you're ok. You just can't buy one in the state of MD no matter when it was made. I guess you can go outside the state though...