Bands you thought were one-hit wonders....

BOP

...but weren't.

Granted, their public careers may not have seemed to have lasted that long, but here are a few individuals or groups I was surprised to learn made it into the top of the charts more than once, plus their longevity is pretty amazing.

Lobo - 15 times in the Top 100, 15 times in the Adult Contemporary. He charted 8 times in the top 40 during the '70s. His biggest hits: "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo (Top 100 - #5, Adult Contemporary (AC) - #1," "I'd Love You to Want Me (Top 100 - #2, AC - #1)," "Don't Expect Me to Be Your Friend (Top 100 - #8, AC - #1)."

The songs "It Sure Took a Long, Long Time" "How Can I Tell Her," "Rings," "Don't Tell Me Goodnight," and "Where Were You When I Was Falling In Love," all did well on both charts, though they scored higher on the AC than on the Top 100. From 1981 to 1985, he had 5 hits that charted on the Country charts, though I don't know how that chart breaks down. In recent times, he's apparently a thing in Asia, where he's charted numerous times, and spends a lot of time touring.

This is the first song I remember by him, "Me and You and a Dog named Boo."

BOP

I always liked Badfinger. They had several hits, but their career as a band, which showed so much promise, was both short-lived and tragic, as well as complex and convoluted. The band had 7 hits in the US Top 100, but it would require more concentration than I have right now to figure out which iteration of the band actually had which hit. I know 4 of them were from the original Badfinger, which came out of the '60s band The Iveys.

From Wiki:
Badfinger had four consecutive worldwide hits from 1970 to 1972: "Come and Get It" (written and produced by Paul McCartney), "No Matter What", "Day After Day" (produced by George Harrison) and "Baby Blue". In 2013, "Baby Blue" made a resurgence onto the "Hot Rock Songs" Billboard 100 chart at number 14, due to its featuring at the end of the series finale of the hit TV show Breaking Bad.[1] Their song "Without You" has been covered many times, including a Billboard number one hit for Harry Nilsson.

"No Matter What"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Looking Glass is famous for Brandy, but they had another hit (which is one of my favorite songs):