Bank robbed through drive-up!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'm no bank robbery expert, but I suspect he probably said something in the note about a 'partner' being in the branch watching her. :shrug:

He couldn't have gotten too much money ... those tubes aren't really that big. :lol:

SmallTown

Football season!
Should have use the old car salesman trick....

"I need to run this by my manager first, I'll be right back..."

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
They had a drive up robber in Texas for a long time. He would send a package over and claim he would set off a bomb if they didn't comply. Bank employees are also told to comply with robbery requests and not second guess the situation. The bank is insured and would rather cough up the minor amount of cash in the drawer (robber usually only get the $10-20k in the drawer and don't take them time or know to get the employee into the larger sum amounts kept seperate) then risk harm to employees or customers that will cost them a lot more. The insurance cost of harm to people is much worse than any $10-$20k normal bank robbery.

So, its really a question of cost. The known is that if you comply you lose usually chump change to a bank. The unknown is what will happen if you don't comply... Therefore, bank policy is always comply.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
FromTexas said:
So, its really a question of cost. The known is that if you comply you lose usually chump change to a bank. The unknown is what will happen if you don't comply... Therefore, bank policy is always comply.
Your scenario makes a lot of sense. It's just that my first intuition was to second-guess the teller.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
SmallTown said:
Should have use the old car salesman trick....

"I need to run this by my manager first, I'll be right back..."
I had "Xerox" call me one time selling discounted toner cartridges. Knowing it was a scam, I said "Sure!" The sales lady called about an hour later and I told her "I called the police - expect to be contacted soon." She said "Thank you!" and quickly hung up the phone. :lol:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Chasey_Lane said:
Your scenario makes a lot of sense. It's just that my first intuition was to second-guess the teller.

Its funny. The only reason I know this is my buddy's wife is a bank manager for Wells Fargo. We had this discussion back when I lived in Texas and the guy was doing the robberies at the drive-ups there. I was mocking the tellers, and she told me all the above which makes complete business sense. So, its pretty much verbatim what is happening here and I was able to repeat that trivial knowledge. :lol:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
crabcake said:
I'm no bank robbery expert, but I suspect he probably said something in the note about a 'partner' being in the branch watching her.

The partner inside the bank was undoubtedly the teller!