Banning Plastic Straws Isn’t Enough; Now Envirokooks Want To Ban Straw Emojis, Too

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“We think if humans are going to get used to the idea of using less plastic straws, they should use less emoji straws, too,” the company said in a statement.

“Be cool and delete all emoji straws.”

The eco-war against straws began in 2018 as multiple states and municipalities passed laws and ordinances against restaurants serving plastic straws to customers. But corporations have taken the environmental trend to a new level of woke marketing and virtue signaling. Last July, Starbucks announced they would remove straws from all of their stores, replacing their lids with an “adult sippy-cup.” Airlines and hotel chains like Hyatt and Hilton shortly followed suit.

Now, Bacardi wants to get in on the action but take it even further by expanding their concerns to mere cartoonish pictures of straws. Bacardi’s logic here is not just senseless, but a slippery slope. If emojis are encouraging human behavior threatening to the environment, then won’t we need to ban all the cars, trucks, and factories emojis too? If any image or picture depicts something a corporation doesn’t like, then it’s up for censorship?

An emoji is a low resolution graphic. How on earth can you say if a representation of a straw is plastic? Or is it paper? Hmmmm?

TPD

the poor dad
Banning plastic straws isn’t enough - now they want to bann single use cups in fast food restaurants and force them to use reusable cups. Yeah that will work. These cups will have to be washed right? Doesn’t California already have a water issue, as in lack of? Ignorant asses.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Banning plastic straws isn’t enough - now they want to bann single use cups in fast food restaurants and force them to use reusable cups. Yeah that will work. These cups will have to be washed right? Doesn’t California already have a water issue, as in lack of? Ignorant asses.

French McDonald's

1708922523852.png

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm all for this because I think Californians should be punished for their stupidity. They should have to live with the consequences of their voting choices and ha ****ing ha ha ha.

I've given up hope that these durhards will ever understand the concept of cause and effect. Now I just want them to suffer.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Since easily more than half their business is carry out, drive through or takeaway - how is this going to help?
Refundable Deposit.

Kinda like the milk and soda bottles when we were kids.

The meal costs $16. The deposit $15. Total $31 for your #2 meal.

SamSpade

This is France .... most people do not own cars ?
This is France - how many French people would even be caught DEAD eating inside an American fast food franchise?

All kidding aside - McDonald's in countries across the globe VERY OFTEN serve stuff they don't serve here - for example, we had pork and rice when were at the Guangzhou McDonald's in China. Ditto KFC - I think fried chicken MIGHT have been the least ordered food there.