Banquet Homestyle Bakes

TWLs wife

Complete Dinner. They are the eazy to make & better too eat. I think if you don't feel like cooking. They are the best for you.
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

willie

Banquet Cheesy Ham and Hashbrowns! Delicous. The box says it contains 5 servings but it's actually 2.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Disgusting. Sorry - I have issues with prepackaged "homestyle" :duh: meals. Make it yourself - it tastes better and saves money.

NAS

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Make it yourself - it tastes better
i agree Vari it does taste better home made i tried one once and then made the same dinner home made and YUP tasted alot better plus makin it home made we were able to have seconds!!!

Erin

Originally posted by willie
Banquet Cheesy Ham and Hashbrowns! Delicous. The box says it contains 5 servings but it's actually 2.

:barf:
I did that after Isabel - because we had no groceries. The stuff is still in the refrigerator; I figured if it doesn't have an expiration date because you do not add any dairy to it - why not watch it as an experiment.

willie

If you skeptics served that stuff one night without saying what it was, you'd get lots of applause for great cooking.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by willie
If you skeptics served that stuff one night without saying what it was, you'd get lots of applause for great cooking.

Not true. Did that. It was edible but it had something like 1000 mg of sodium per serving. I'd rather just lick the salt shaker. :barf:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Disgusting. Sorry - I have issues with prepackaged "homestyle" :duh: meals. Make it yourself - it tastes better and saves money.
:yeahthat: I made one for dinner once. The rest are collecting dust in my pantry. :ohwell: :barf: I don't like my food mixed together as it is. :frown:

Now, I can do some of the frozen stouffer's things .... i.e., lasagna. :yum: but homemade is best :yum:

TWLs wife

Originally posted by crabcake
:yeahthat: I made one for dinner once. The rest are collecting dust in my pantry. :ohwell: :barf: I don't like my food mixed together as it is. :frown:

Now, I can do some of the frozen stouffer's things .... i.e., lasagna. :yum: but homemade is best :yum:

True, But I needed something TWL could make. Because This baby is going to be here soon. It's eazy, & he can make it without me holding his hand. :biggrin: :biggrin:

crabcake

you might be better off (health-wise and financially) to prepare meals now (lasagna, quiche, etc.) and freeze them w/labels so that when the baby comes, he can pluck one out, pop it in the oven, and bam -- dinner. It'll be healthier that way than all that sodium and preservatives -- especially if you will be nursing. Babies are fussy creatures when it comes to your diet when you breastfeed them. They're eating what you eat, and they WILL let you know what you are allowed to have and not! :wink:

TWLs wife

you might be better off (health-wise and financially) to prepare meals now (lasagna, quiche, etc.) and freeze them w/labels so that when the baby comes, he can pluck one out, pop it in the oven, and bam -- dinner. It'll be healthier that way than all that sodium and preservatives -- especially if you will be nursing. Babies are fussy creatures when it comes to your diet when you breastfeed them. They're eating what you eat, and they WILL let you know what you are allowed to have and not! :wink:

Thanks I didn't think of it that way, BEFORE.:biggrin:

crabcake

Tigger ... if you don't have a crock pot, get one. They're relatively inexpensive ($25-30 for a nice sized one). They are a Godsend! And there are a ton of recipes for them on the internet that are easy. There is no easier dinner preparation short of going out, and even that takes effort getting dressed and driving there. With a crock pot, you just throw your stuff in, turn it on low in the morning, and voila -- it's done at dinner time.

If I get time this week, I'll pm you some links to recipes on the web and/or give you a few of my own. :yum: Just keep in mind to stick with foods that are more on the bland side if you nurse ... at least for the first few weeks.

TWLs wife

Tigger ... if you don't have a crock pot, get one. They're relatively inexpensive ($25-30 for a nice sized one). They are a Godsend! And there are a ton of recipes for them on the internet that are easy. There is no easier dinner preparation short of going out, and even that takes effort getting dressed and driving there. With a crock pot, you just throw your stuff in, turn it on low in the morning, and voila -- it's done at dinner time.

If I get time this week, I'll pm you some links to recipes on the web and/or give you a few of my own. :yum: Just keep in mind to stick with foods that are more on the bland side if you nurse ... at least for the first few weeks.

True. I have everything for my katchen. I love to cook. But sometimes. You can help it. Me live without my crock pot NEVER:frown:

Elle

Happy Camper!
With a crock pot, you just throw your stuff in, turn it on low in the morning, and voila -- it's done at dinner time.

I have 3 crockpots that I rarely use. Do you leave them on while you are at work? I couldn't imagine leaving the house with it plugged in and on. I know that's what they are made for but I just can't bring myself to do it.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by tys_mommy
I have 3 crockpots that I rarely use. Do you leave them on while you are at work? I couldn't imagine leaving the house with it plugged in and on. I know that's what they are made for but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Can I get one from you. Mine Died.:frown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
<--------- Big crockpot person here. Dump the stuff in, turn it on, dinner is ready when I get home from work. :yay:

crabcake

Originally posted by tys_mommy

yea, I leave mine on ... just make sure there isn't anything near it (plastic bag, candles, etc) to melt or catch on fire. It should be fine. I also keep mine on the stove top since it's made to handle heat.

I tried to search for a crock pot recipe thread ... I know we had one a long time ago ... :confused: