Barbaro Breyer Horse

GallopNTec

Just in time for the holidays- Breyer has made a Barbaro model.
Pretty neat, EXCEPT $10 for the sale of each one($49) will go to the "Barbaro New Bolton Medical Fund".
So, we should buy these toys to pay a huge vet bill for a private owners horse, who will be making millions on stud fees, book deals, movie deals and various other publicity deals?
No thanks, I'll give my $10 to help all the ownerless, abused, neglected horses.

Animals4Life

Hey do you by chance know where is the best place to buy the Breyer horses in general? I know Target has them as well as different horse magazines. Thanks.

fredsaid2

GallopNTec said:
Just in time for the holidays- Breyer has made a Barbaro model.
Pretty neat, EXCEPT $10 for the sale of each one($49) will go to the "Barbaro New Bolton Medical Fund".
So, we should buy these toys to pay a huge vet bill for a private owners horse, who will be making millions on stud fees, book deals, movie deals and various other publicity deals?
No thanks, I'll give my $10 to help all the ownerless, abused, neglected horses.

Penn Vet Medicine Says the fund is set up to improve the facilities and equipment at New Bolton, so your donation will go to a good cause. The owners may eventually market his story but it's doubtful he'll ever claim a stud fee. It appears all they want for him is a peaceful, relatively pain free life.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
fredsaid2 said:
Penn Vet Medicine Says the fund is set up to improve the facilities and equipment at New Bolton, so your donation will go to a good cause. The owners may eventually market his story but it's doubtful he'll ever claim a stud fee. It appears all they want for him is a peaceful, relatively pain free life.

I'm sure that's what they want but I wouldn't be surprised if he is given the ok that he will be used for stud. As far as New Bolton :yay: , I have the most respect for them and their Docs. Long story short, one of my horses owes his saved life to them. :flowers:

GallopNTec

SouthernMdRocks said:
I'm sure that's what they want but I wouldn't be surprised if he is given the ok that he will be used for stud. As far as New Bolton :yay: , I have the most respect for them and their Docs. Long story short, one of my horses owes his saved life to them. :flowers:

:doh: I should've done more research before I hopped on my soap box!!
Good that the $ is for the New Bolton Center .
I should give myself red...
Glad your horse made it- lost one of mine last month. still trying to recover

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Animals4Life said:
Hey do you by chance know where is the best place to buy the Breyer horses in general? I know Target has them as well as different horse magazines. Thanks.
:howdy: There are tack stores in all 3 counties. Here are a couple of others.
Just another Horse & Tack and Hatcher's are in Calvert, Wheatley's is in Charles.

R

remaxrealtor

GallopNTec said:
:doh: I should've done more research before I hopped on my soap box!!
Good that the $ is for the New Bolton Center .
I should give myself red...
Glad your horse made it- lost one of mine last month. still trying to recover
Hey there! :howdy:

Don't be hard on yourself...I would have had the same immediate reaction.

Who did you lose last month? :shocking:

Cowgirl

Is it wrong of me to hope this thread was a joke, and I'd see a pic of a breyer horse with his leg bandaged up? :lmao: