Bare Minerals vs. Sheer Cover

SoftballCrazy

I always see both commercials on TV. The birthmark cover up w/ Sheer Cover is amazing. I use Bare Minerals, but wonder how well Sheer Cover works...Has anyone tried Sheer Cover?

Moonchild

Bare Minerals

Good Morning All, I normally don't post but I wanted to thank everyone for their reviews of the Bare Minerals makeup. I am not normally one to spend on myself. I decided to treat myself. I ordered it Wednesday it arrived last night and I absolutely love it. Thanks Again!

Haley

Working for a living...
I always see both commercials on TV. The birthmark cover up w/ Sheer Cover is amazing. I use Bare Minerals, but wonder how well Sheer Cover works...Has anyone tried Sheer Cover?

I've tried Sheer Cover (my mom gave me her sample) and it's ok but it seems kinda cakey after a while. I'm not sure I would use it again. I know they say Bare Minerals isn't supposed to do that but I haven't tried that yet. I think that's my next investment! lol.

SoftballCrazy

I've tried Sheer Cover (my mom gave me her sample) and it's ok but it seems kinda cakey after a while. I'm not sure I would use it again. I know they say Bare Minerals isn't supposed to do that but I haven't tried that yet. I think that's my next investment! lol.

Bare Minerals doesn't make you cakey, unless you apply too much. You really don't need much for good coverage. I'd try a sample of Sheer Cover, but think I'll stick with b/m for now. Thanks!

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley

I wasnt really happy with the way sheer cover worked -I dont like the feeling of liquid make up and that is what it felt to me. I like BM and only use it.

Katt

I use sheer cover. I like it. It stays fresh looking all day. If you are having problems with it looking or feeling cakey, you might be using too much or a shade too dark. all of my sheer cover is powder except for the concealer which is in solid form in a small tube that I apply with my middle finger instead of the brush. Works better that way for me. I've never tried Bare Minerals makeup, so I can't compare. All are pretty pricey, but I think better for your skin than traditional makeup. I have very sensitive skin and am always on the lookout for something that works well without causing outbreaks and so far, since this summer, I've used sheer cover without problems.

kelb

art imitating life
I know you are comparing the two products but loreal makes a mineral foundation that is alot cheaper but just as good. I have tried bare escentials, cover girls version, maybellines version, neutraginas version and soem random internet mineral company.. Loreals is sooo soft and you forget that you even have it on. I love it! They have the eyeshadow coverup blush and bronzer...
Hope that helps :)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I picked up a Bare Minerals "Beyond the Basics" kit at Target yesterday. They only had 2 types (one was for the eyes only) and I didn't think it had everything I had read about here and on the other thread. I should have waited to go online to look it up - but I was impatient and don't get over to Target every week! I went ahead & got it anyway. I tried what came in the kit and I liked what I was able to do by layering a few of the powders. But there was no foundation, the Mineral Veil stuff or the Revver upper(?). So I ordered a Starter kit today and can't wait to try the foundation powder & others.

This is what came in the Beyond the Basics kit:

multitasking face concealer in bisque, a bone shade
multitasking face concealer with SPF 20 in summer bisque, a golden beige shade
soft focus face color in glee, a muted mauve
bare radiance face color, an amber nude hue
faux tan face color, a sunlit bronze
max coverage concealer brush
soft focus face brush

I think I put too much concealer around the undereyes, because it seemed a little cakey, but my technique got better the 2nd time I used it. Other than that, I really like the way it feels.

Prdmommaofthree

This is my first time responding to a thread but I thought I'd let you guys know that Mary Kay has come out with it's version of mineral foundation. I've tried other companies and by far this is the best one yet. If anyone is interested I do have demo's that you can try before you buy. Feel free to pm me or email me.

Mdcopswife

Boss Lady
Finally I put in my order for Sheer Cover today. We shall see how it is. I have always been a Mac girl, but I decided to try something different.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Does anyone who uses BM have a problem with a burning sensasion around you sensitve areas on your face??? I have been having a problem with this.

Mdcopswife

Boss Lady
My package came in the mail yesterday. I tried it last night and again this morning. I love the coverup. Not to sure about the powder yet. It comes with two colors so that you can match it to your skin tone. I havent quite figured out which one I am. I have a feeling by the time I figure it out I will have to buy more. It also comes with some really nice brushes and other crap I will never use.

Arista

My package came in the mail yesterday. I tried it last night and again this morning. I love the coverup. Not to sure about the powder yet. It comes with two colors so that you can match it to your skin tone. I havent quite figured out which one I am. I have a feeling by the time I figure it out I will have to buy more. It also comes with some really nice brushes and other crap I will never use.
If you're having trouble matching your skin tone, you can mix the two powders together. That's what I had to do. It just takes a bit of experimenting to get the color right.

Personally, I didn't so much like Sheer Cover. I loved it when it first went on in the morning, but as the day wore on, I thought it got a little cakey. Based on the reactions here, I might have to give Bare Minerals a try.

popsicle

Not sure my issue with BM would be called caking.. After a few hours, the powder on my nose seems to seperate? I have to try to rub it around again. Anyone else having an issue like that?

JandJ

Mineral Make UP

Mixing the BM and the two colors together is almost impossible to get the right tone for my face...I won a free make up make over at Factions Salon Spa in White Plains and they only use Jane Iredale Mineral Make Up...
they have a coverup called Enlighten and it can coverup a lot of things, and dissappear can even cover up tats...and it gives me a flawless complexion and hides all my "sins"...try it you won't be sorry!

Tell them JJ sent you!

Cheers, JJ