Barn Build

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Coming along very well, Bob. The Amish have been busy over in my neighborhood putting on metal roofs, something my husband and I are seriously leaning towards.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It's coming along nicely - I love seeing the progress!

Goldenhawk

Shame it doesn't upload to youtube in the same resolution it records in.
My YouTube will let me watch this in 4K - although I don't have a 4K monitor.

Please note that YouTube has begun showing lower-resolution versions of videos by default, in an attempt to limit bandwidth use which spiked crazily due to the sudden increase in homebound people watching videos and streaming TV. You can still pick the full-res version - but it takes an extra manual step now.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My YouTube will let me watch this in 4K - although I don't have a 4K monitor.

Please note that YouTube has begun showing lower-resolution versions of videos by default, in an attempt to limit bandwidth use which spiked crazily due to the sudden increase in homebound people watching videos and streaming TV. You can still pick the full-res version - but it takes an extra manual step now.
Thank you, I thought it uploaded it low-res.. HD makes a HUGE difference.

UglyBear

Two questions: 1) what's the foundation (cement, rock, footings)? 2) Which company are you using?
(I'm thinking of having a barn built, and we are contemplating those two issues).
Thank you!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Two questions: 1) what's the foundation (cement, rock, footings)? 2) Which company are you using?
(I'm thinking of having a barn built, and we are contemplating those two issues).
Thank you!
They put in footings about 5 - 6 feet deep, we have asphalt milling now, put will probably follow up with Cement in the future. R&D Cross is the contractor out of Brandywine.

The barn does not come with electric, plumbing or garage doors. R&D does up the drawings and provides the drawing to Bluestone that builds a complete "kit" for the build. Kit gets delivered to our property and they bring in Amish builders to build it. We are very impressed with the build quality, and the attention to detail the builders put into it.

In the future I'll run electric, water, and sewer out to the barn, but for not the main purpose is to be a shelter for the RV.

UglyBear

They put in footings about 5 - 6 feet deep, we have asphalt milling now, put will probably follow up with Cement in the future. R&D Cross is the contractor out of Brandywine.

The barn does not come with electric, plumbing or garage doors. R&D does up the drawings and provides the drawing to Bluestone that builds a complete "kit" for the build. Kit gets delivered to our property and they bring in Amish builders to build it. We are very impressed with the build quality, and the attention to detail the builders put into it.

In the future I'll run electric, water, and sewer out to the barn, but for not the main purpose is to be a shelter for the RV.
Thank you! Would you mind telling, does this cost north or south of $20k? (that's my budget for our barn -- and so far we have been looking at much smaller structures, like 20' X 20')

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Thank you! Would you mind telling, does this cost north or south of $20k? (that's my budget for our barn -- and so far we have been looking at much smaller structures, like 20' X 20')
Ours is 56x36 with an enclosed 12 Ft lean-to on the back... I figure a 20x20 would be less than 50% of what we paid, which would be south of 20k by quite a bit.