Barn for rent?

flyhigh

I am looking for a barn to rent in the charles county area. Must have water and electric, room for a few horses (5-7). I am starting a new farm up, and need to get started at the right place. Also, looking for horses! Free to good home. Horses must be in decent shape with little health problems. Let me know if you have anything, that'll fit the above. I am not looking to spend a TON of money right away.. but will consider if the offer is right. :howdy:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
flyhigh said:
I am looking for a barn to rent in the charles county area. Must have water and electric, room for a few horses (5-7). I am starting a new farm up, and need to get started at the right place. Also, looking for horses! Free to good home. Horses must be in decent shape with little health problems. Let me know if you have anything, that'll fit the above. I am not looking to spend a TON of money right away.. but will consider if the offer is right. :howdy:

What type of horses are you looking for...age, breed, sex, disposition, skills etc.

Tazgirl

Too bad you don't want to rent in St. Mary's nice place in Chaptico $2,500 per month 30 acres if I remember correctly and two big barns room for 12 horses.....

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
flyhigh said:

Now let me get this straight. You want to rent a barn to start a business and you want someone to give you the horses, essentially, to start that business! And, on top of that, you're coming to the horse forum with people who actually own horse businesses asking them to get you started so that you can compete with them? :killingme Just a word to the wise, if you're thinking of starting a horse business you better be looking to spend a TON of money. :whistle: Even if you're just thinking of having your own horses you're going to have to spend a TON of money! :coffee:

fredsaid2

Good luck but....most 'free' horses are free for a reason. If your plan is to start a lesson barn most of your students will be quite young and inexperienced. Mixing them with inexperienced horses is not a good combination. Just something to think about.

PrepH4U

fredsaid2 said:
Good luck but....most 'free' horses are free for a reason. If your plan is to start a lesson barn most of your students will be quite young and inexperienced. Mixing them with inexperienced horses is not a good combination. Just something to think about.
:yeahthat:
Isn't this like putting the cart before the horse? :lol: I think after she finds a barn then she start looking for suitable horses. I don't know of anyone that would give away a horse without shelter. JMO

Bigpops92

Winn Dixie said:
Now let me get this straight. You want to rent a barn to start a business and you want someone to give you the horses, essentially, to start that business! And, on top of that, you're coming to the horse forum with people who actually own horse businesses asking them to get you started so that you can compete with them? :killingme Just a word to the wise, if you're thinking of starting a horse business you better be looking to spend a TON of money. :whistle: Even if you're just thinking of having your own horses you're going to have to spend a TON of money! :coffee:

HELP! I am looking to open a bike shop and bar. It will also feature exotic dancers and live monkeys!

WANTED: large building with barstools, tables, alcohol, lights, dancers and several monkeys. OOOHHH, and did I mention I need some bikes too?

Please help....I think this is a great idea! :lmao:

fredsaid2

Bigpops92 said:
HELP! I am looking to open a bike shop and bar. It will also feature exotic dancers and live monkeys!

WANTED: large building with barstools, tables, alcohol, lights, dancers and several monkeys. OOOHHH, and did I mention I need some bikes too?

Maybe you can find a really big barn and share the space....

You forgot to mention the no-cost-to-you stipulation :lmao:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Bigpops92 said:

What type of monkies are you looking for? :killingme :killingme :killingme

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Bigpops92 said:
big monkies.....one in particular...perhaps you have heard of him??? His name is " :razz: Spank"

Back in my Navy days, guys were always talking about other guys and something about this "Spank - the monkey" that you are looking for. I have never personally seen a monkey spank, but I think there are several out there that have! Good Luck! :dude: :high5:

Tazgirl

flyhigh said:

CHAPTICO: 60 acre horse farm for rent. House, 3 barns, 12 stalls. $1550/mo. Call Genn 301-475-5000

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Tazgirl said:
CHAPTICO: 60 acre horse farm for rent. House, 3 barns, 12 stalls. $1550/mo. Call Genn 301-475-5000
Wow. I don't know where that is, but is sounds like a great deal.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have a FREE horse for ya...but he needs a special halter with his name on it to get into a trailer..that will cost you $2500 :lmao:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
I have a FREE horse for ya...but he needs a special halter with his name on it to get into a trailer..that will cost you $2500 :lmao:

Wow your halters are pricey! My halter that leads my FREE horse off the property is only $1500 :killingme

Tazgirl

Loper said:
THAT can't be right! Where is this listed?

It's right, give Genn a call, I looked at it but decided to buy. The barns are fantasitc, the house is old and they are doing repairs but if you can overlook the oldness of the house, it is to die for if you are looking to rent.....It is advertised in the Enterprise...