Barn Sprays

mingiz

Horse Poor
Anyone have good suggestions for a barn spray for flies. I would like to spray around the stall walls etc. That's also safe for the horses and other critter's I have...Thanks :howdy:

W

WildHorses

mingiz said:
Anyone have good suggestions for a barn spray for flies. I would like to spray around the stall walls etc. That's also safe for the horses and other critter's I have...Thanks :howdy:

Most of the horse fly sprays double as barn sprays, just read the back for instructions. :howdy: However, I would recommend Repelx and/or DuraGuard. DuraGuard is, of course, more expensive and, luckily, Repelx works the best for us, kills them in the air. :jameo: One thing that is also really working for us (don't put it in the stall) are the fly abatement traps. The bait is contained within a little plastic strip and the bugs drop like flies. :killingme If you use the strip, be sure to put a container under it to catch the thousands of dead flies. :starcat:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
WildHorses said:
Most of the horse fly sprays double as barn sprays, just read the back for instructions. :howdy: However, I would recommend Repelx and/or DuraGuard. DuraGuard is, of course, more expensive and, luckily, Repelx works the best for us, kills them in the air. :jameo: One thing that is also really working for us (don't put it in the stall) are the fly abatement traps. The bait is contained within a little plastic strip and the bugs drop like flies. :killingme If you use the strip, be sure to put a container under it to catch the thousands of dead flies. :starcat:[/QUOTE

Which one are you using? Tired of spending my money on stuff that doesn't work so well! :jameo:

W

WildHorses

[/QUOTE]Which one are you using? Tired of spending my money on stuff that doesn't work so well! :jameo:[/QUOTE]

I can't remember the name of the abatement strips, but we bought them at Stauffer's Feed Mill. We also use the Captivator Trap with the liquid you drop into the water. However, when you remove the first 1.3 million flies and refill the trap, don't waste money on the refill liquid. I just put a small piece of raw chicken or raw beef in the water and it works just as well but doesn't smell as bad as the attractant they sell with the trap. :howdy: