Base access for bikes

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Son just picked up a street bike...what is the current procedure and time line for getting approved for base access?

jrt_ms1995

Son just picked up a street bike...what is the current procedure and time line for getting approved for base access?
In the past, I just clipped my badge to the brake cable, unclipped and showed to the guard, then continued pedaling my butt on in! 🚲

But I know that's not the kind of bike you meant. 😊

glhs837

Power with Control
Contractor or military? Used to require the MSF course, and still do for military, I think. Contractors and civil service, nothing, just have the M on your license. No stickers, no mechanism to enforce it anymore. Just ride on. Show CAC at gate, go about your business.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Contractor or military? Used to require the MSF course, and still do for military, I think. Contractors and civil service, nothing, just have the M on your license. No stickers, no mechanism to enforce it anymore. Just ride on. Show CAC at gate, go about your business.
Wow. That's cool...and that's what I found on this web page. I had to take the safety course way back when I was a civilian engineer working at Indian Head..still have the laminated card.

Civilian Motorcycle Operators – All civilian motorcycle operators who have a current State motorcycle operator license with motorcycle endorsement or motorcycle permit are not required to complete any of the above training.

https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrma/om/safety/traffic_safety/motorcycle_training.html

black dog

Free America
My son had to take an auto test at Palms before he was granted the privilege to drive on any USMC base.

PeoplesElbow

Well I know one of the guys that use to teach the safety course, he laid down his bike on him twice at the gate. So they probably figured it didn't do any good. He was also worthless at his job and finally retired.