Base closed, admin leave

C

czygvtwkr

Glad I didn't bother to take my car out of the garage this morning, my nice warm garage.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
My friend talked to his supervisor who said she expects it may be closed on Thursday as well.

:confused: Why the heck would it be closed tmrw too? Unless there are power outages or burst/frozen water pipes, all it needs is a serious plowing.

Which could have easily been done before 10am this morning but then again, this is SoMD :coffee:

bilbur

:confused: Why the heck would it be closed tmrw too? Unless there are power outages or burst/frozen water pipes, all it needs is a serious plowing.

Which could have easily been done before 10am this morning but then again, this is SoMD :coffee:

What a coincidence, I know a few people that could also use a serious plowing. It might loosen them up a little.:dye:

On a side note I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel schools tomorrow due to the extreme cold weather. All this melting snow will re-freeze tonight and I don't think a 2 hour delay would give it enough time to melt.

There are people that can't get out of their neighborhoods. Ranch Estates for example. Anyplace hilly even if they did plow it. Those plowed roads will be really slick.

MarieB

Ice

C

czygvtwkr

Where I use to work they would never plow the parking lot or sidewalk, that had a pretty good slope to it and every time it was icy people would bust their asses.

Don't know about my new building yet, but I suspect more of the same.

Where I use to work they would never plow the parking lot or sidewalk, that had a pretty good slope to it and every time it was icy people would bust their asses.

Don't know about my new building yet, but I suspect more of the same.

Yep we had people drive to work just to fall down in the parking lot or sidewalk. Some did not drive home.

Yep we had people drive to work just to fall down in the parking lot or sidewalk. Some did not drive home.

I just got back from a quick grocery run. 235 is fine, clear. The roads in Town Creek are packed, slippery, but passable. Didn't have any problem with my 2WD truck on the hills.

I did however slip in the Shoppers parking lot. Didn't go down, but it is very slippery out there, and will get worse when the sun sets.

Truck thermometer reads 19*.

I just got back from a quick grocery run. 235 is fine, clear. The roads in Town Creek are packed, slippery, but passable. Didn't have any problem with my 2WD truck on the hills.

I did however slip in the Shoppers parking lot. Didn't go down, but it is very slippery out there, and will get worse when the sun sets.

Truck thermometer reads 19*.

I have slip on crampons. lol