Baseball WS

Baz

This. ------------------>
I admit I don't pay attention to baseball. It is boring and sucks.

But I was scanning channels after the hockey game and heard some guy singing "God Bless America" or some version of.

So I thought "Oh, what game is starting this late?"

And then I realized it was a trick....it was the 7th inning yawn. A trick to pretend to manufacture fake (faux) patriotism, and a reminder that MLB needs a designated stretch time to wake their fans to stand up and pretend it's kind of sort of exciting. As if 2 squirrels were fighting.

If you need to have a designated stretch time, your sport sucks.

:smile:

Last edited:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Ok then. breaks in-between quarters, HALFTIME, time outs, 2 minute warnings, penalty boxes, guess they are all pussies too playing in a sucky sport :yay:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Ok then. breaks in-between quarters, HALFTIME, time outs, 2 minute warnings, penalty boxes, guess they are all pussies too playing in a sucky sport :yay:

No, most of those are just designated breaks in the action of a high tempo game (although football has way too many breaks, IMO). In baseball, it's actually called a 7th inning stretch. I figure it was called that for a reason, right?

Maybe I'd have a different opinion if I played baseball as a kid. I try to watch every now and then, but lose interest very quickly. It's probably for the best, as the teams I would root for as a baseball fan suck anyways. :lol:

Anyways, I apologize for my anti-baseball rant. For those who do enjoy it, I hope it's a good World Series.