Basement Sewage pump help

quattroginger

i am looking for info on sewage pumps. i have a bathroom in my basement below the septic line out to tanks that requires a pump to push sewage up a total of 10ft to reach main line. it sits in a tank in the ground. i have been looking at Liberty Pumps and im stuck between a 1/2HP and a 1HP. anyone have any insight on this? thanks

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I go to Thom. Somerville Co. and get cast iron Zoeller sewage pumps. If you can swing the cost go with 1HP. Step daughter flushed a plastic grocery bag and bound up a 1/2HP one.

quattroginger

Chris0nllyn

i have a standing shower, toilet and sink. i just spoke with the manufacture and the difference between these models i was looking at is the 1/2HP is simply a pump and the 1HP is a grinder.

Get the 1HP for sure (or even better, the 2HP model). You'll almost never have to worry about rags or plastic.

Will it be a simplex or duplex system?

Are you planning on getting any sort of high water alarming system?

Last edited:

quattroginger

:yay:

Sounds like you've got it figured out.

yeah i guess so. thanks everyone. after the technician told me if anything like wipes get in there the 1/2hp pump will clog, i pretty much knew i had to go with the grinder since i have 2 kids. i deff dont want to be reaching my hand down in the tank.