Basement

SailorGirl

Looked like this last week and cleaning out just that small area, was this week's project.

and here's what it looks like now

148909 148911

and this is the project for next week:

148912 148913

Attachments

SailorGirl

and these are the boards I found that are all alike and I have no idea what they were for. I thought maybe flooring but fencing maybe?

148916 148917

Should I toss them and the dozens of mason jars that look like there under everything?

UglyBear

and these are the boards I found that are all alike and I have no idea what they were for. I thought maybe flooring but fencing maybe?

View attachment 148916 View attachment 148917

Should I toss them and the dozens of mason jars that look like there under everything?
I actually know what those are!
Did you have any bunk beds, or any cheap kids' beds?

So, those are slats that go between edges of the bed frame to support the mattress. You see the string? that's to hold them together when they are shipped. The holes on the ends are where screws hold these slats to the bed frame.

Usually those are cheap wood (the one I put together several years ago are cut plywood), so almost zero value.

SailorGirl

I actually know what those are!
Did you have any bunk beds, or any cheap kids' beds?

So, those are slats that go between edges of the bed frame to support the mattress. You see the string? that's to hold them together when they are shipped. The holes on the ends are where screws hold these slats to the bed frame.

Usually those are cheap wood (the one I put together several years ago are cut plywood), so almost zero value.

View attachment 148918
I'll be damned. - there are also two thick pieces of wood with a bunch of holes in them that might be part number 6. There is a bunk bed upstairs - it's metal and it's ugly but it's also solid and heavy and not all that old. You might want to check Habit for Humanity also - they get bunks on occasion and print pictures on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/paxrestore

Last edited:

limblips

PREMO Member
Don't toss the grinding wheel shown. The Amish like them and so do antique people. Even people who own shops.

SailorGirl

Found this: 149259

It's an eagle, talons extended, pretty certain it's bronze, pretty heavy. Personally I think it's hideous but I can imagine it on someone who is not me's bookshelf, if someone would like to give it a home before I take it to the dump. Honest to God I picked it up and thought it would make a great murder weapon.

glhs837

Power with Control
Found this: View attachment 149259

It's an eagle, talons extended, pretty certain it's bronze, pretty heavy. Personally I think it's hideous but I can imagine it on someone who is not me's bookshelf, if someone would like to give it a home before I take it to the dump. Honest to God I picked it up and thought it would make a great murder weapon.
\
I might want that, no kidding I know a guy named Eagle.

limblips

PREMO Member
Just curious. Are there any markings on it? Look around the bottom of the eagle or the bottom of the base.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
butt save the bed slats.. I'll take all of them. They make great campfire wood at the campsite.