Bath bomb recipe please

PSrada

I was looking for a home recipe for a make bath bombs and I can not find an easy recipe, but I'm sure people do it.
I have been reading an article about bath bombs and was wondering if the oils in this kit are ok to use for the scent in the bath bombs
Can anyone help, please?

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
@Christy used to make them. She doesn't check in here much too often.
This is the recipe she posted on FB:

Dry ingredients: 2 cups baking soda, 1 cup Epsom salts, 1 cup corn starch, 1 cup citric acid (citric acid is what makes it fizz).
Wet ingredients: 5 tsp coconut oil, 4 tsp water, 4 tsp of essential oil, food coloring.

Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry and press into molds. You can add all kinds of things to the main recipe to jazz up the bath bombs. We get the sugar candy decorations at Michaels. Like the roses or other nifty shapes. You can also add dried flowers or herbs or colored sugar or glitter. Google and YouTube have a million and one ideas.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This is the recipe she posted on FB:

Dry ingredients: 2 cups baking soda, 1 cup Epsom salts, 1 cup corn starch, 1 cup citric acid (citric acid is what makes it fizz).
Wet ingredients: 5 tsp coconut oil, 4 tsp water, 4 tsp of essential oil, food coloring.

Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry and press into molds. You can add all kinds of things to the main recipe to jazz up the bath bombs. We get the sugar candy decorations at Michaels. Like the roses or other nifty shapes. You can also add dried flowers or herbs or colored sugar or flitter. Google and YouTube have a million and one ideas.
I didn't even think to look there! Thx. :)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I remember how much fun she and her daughter had making them, and all the comments asking how did she make them, so I knew she had probably posted the recipe. I am still the search queen. :lol:
Yes, they did. I just found one that was upstairs. Bug must have had it up there. Not sure why, there's no bathtub up there.

Christy

b*tch rocket
You would have to use an awful lot of bath bombs to have any issues with the miniscule amount of coconut oil that goes into making them.

I haven't made them in ages since I found some on Amazon that I really like, but it is fun to make them.

The dried flowers and herbs leave an obnoxious ring around the tub and on the bottom of it for you to clean up after your fresh and relaxing bath... :dead:

Christy

b*tch rocket
The dried flowers and herbs leave an obnoxious ring around the tub and on the bottom of it for you to clean up after your fresh and relaxing bath... :dead:

You obviously have never used my magnificent bath bombs. :drama: No ring around the tub, and I don't add stuff that doesn't disolve. That is when I make them, which I don't anymore. :lol: