Which is the best crab based sandwich?

• Crab cake sandwich

• Soft shell crab

• Crab salad

• Other (post below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThatOneNerd

Had a discussion with my buddy about this
If it is between me, I would have a soft shell crab. Especially panko fried. Delicious!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm very particular about fried soft shell crabs. I split them down the middle and remove the innards. I know what they feed on and don't want to even think about that when enjoying a sandwich. All that being said, to me, a good crab cake is tops in this competition.

HemiHauler

Soft crab, and it isn’t even close. BUT! It has to be pan fried and not plunged in a deep fat fryer. Quickest way to ruin a perfectly good soft crab.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Crapb cake, either broiled or fried depending on my mood, but without a bun. Gotta have the crispy brown edges.

ontheriver

I want the soft crab. Every time. But, I have to prepare them and no breading. Naked, pan fried with butter.
Did not have one last year. The person I got them from doesn't do it anymore. Hello......? Who gets them?

ThatOneNerd

I'm very particular about fried soft shell crabs. I split them down the middle and remove the innards. I know what they feed on and don't want to even think about that when enjoying a sandwich. All that being said, to me, a good crab cake is tops in this competition.
Just like how mama makes her fried soft shell crabs. Dad likes it with the spicy mayo.

TPD

the poor dad
Lighthouse in Solomon’s had soft crab sandwich as a special yesterday. They were from South Carolina. I opted for the fried oysters instead - very good! I’ve got plenty of time for soft crabs this year - had not had many oysters this season.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Lighthouse in Solomon’s had soft crab sandwich as a special yesterday. They were from South Carolina. I opted for the fried oysters instead - very good! I’ve got plenty of time for soft crabs this year - had not had many oysters this season.
I had a crab cake lunch there last week. 32$ a piece. Also had lunch at Ale House days earlier, $16 crab cakes and just as delicious. My lunch date that day used to wait at the Pier. Island prices suck.

CPUSA

That was exactly my mom's last meal. She was pretty picky, and said it was the best she's ever had.
So, just to clarify...

This wasn't her last request...just her last meal, right?
Because the way I read that at first....