Bausch & Lomb Purevision

GopherM

Darwin was right
Anyone have any experience with these contact lenses. I have the typical old folks eyes (can't see squat up close or far away and I have an astimatism as well). These contacts are supposed to be good for all those issues.

I'm getting tired of sweat on my glasses, constantly cleaning the fuzz and what ever else accumulates on them, and the general PITA that glasses tend to be.

I don't want LASIKS.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I wear contact lens. Problem with contact is that you will get tired of cleaning it everyday and washing your hands with warm water and soap before handling your contact lens.

If I were you, I would go for Lasik surgery. However, I'm not qualified for Lasik, so I'm stuck with glasses and contact lens.

I wear acuvue disposable contacts with renu lens cleaner. You dont need to clean your hands, just put them in cleaner at the end of the day, and there good to go. After a couple of weeks, toss them and get a new pair. Just remember one thing, your vision is not as good with contacts, glasses give a bit better vision, but eye doc can show you a difference.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Problem with contact is that you will get tired of cleaning it everyday and washing your hands with warm water and soap before handling your contact lens.
I wear contacts and I don't do any of that. A quick rinse of my fingers is all I need to make sure there are no particles that could get trapped between my eye and lens.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I wear contacts and I don't do any of that. A quick rinse of my fingers is all I need to make sure there are no particles that could get trapped between my eye and lens.

I'm deaf and I don't want to take my chance of losing my vision. I don't want to be deaf and blind, and my world will stop and die when I come deaf and blind. My eye doctor told me to wash my hands before I handle my contact lens to keep my eyes healthy.

Everyone is different. Some may not even need to clean their contact lens or wash thier hands.

belvak

Happy Camper
Anyone have any experience with these contact lenses. I have the typical old folks eyes (can't see squat up close or far away and I have an astimatism as well). These contacts are supposed to be good for all those issues.

I'm getting tired of sweat on my glasses, constantly cleaning the fuzz and what ever else accumulates on them, and the general PITA that glasses tend to be.

I don't want LASIKS.

I wear multi-focals. Think they're Bausch & Lomb. Don't think they're the Purevision. Anyway, I need glasses for mid- and long-distance. The contacts are great for that, but now I can't read up close! :lol: We compromised on my far away so that I can see a bit better to read, but sometimes I still need reading glasses (drugstore type, non-prescription). Works for me! I thought I would get tired of the nightly "removal and cleaning," but so far, the only problem is that I have almost forgotten to take them out!

GopherM

Darwin was right
I wear multi-focals. Think they're Bausch & Lomb. Don't think they're the Purevision. Anyway, I need glasses for mid- and long-distance. The contacts are great for that, but now I can't read up close! :lol: We compromised on my far away so that I can see a bit better to read, but sometimes I still need reading glasses (drugstore type, non-prescription). Works for me! I thought I would get tired of the nightly "removal and cleaning," but so far, the only problem is that I have almost forgotten to take them out!

Thanks to all for your replies and PMs.

The Purevisions are multi-focals and are supposed to be the latest generation of that type of contact.

I am not sure Lasiks is a solution for me. I have problems at all focal distances. My brother has the same thing and is scheduled to get Lasiks and they are doing one eye for distance and the other for near vision. I wear progressive lenses now and can see really well with them, but when I sweat they become useless and the seem to be dust magnets. Seems like I am always looking through a snow storm.

If I go with contacts, I can't picture not washing my hands thoroughly before putting my fingers in my eyes. I can't see doing anything that might jeopardize my vision permanently.

Thanks again to all.