Bay Area Mayor Calling on Homeowners To Take In Homeless

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The mayor of Richmond, a city about 20 miles from downtown San Francisco, recently started a program that would pay landlords through private funding to house homeless individuals. There are about 35,000 people experiencing homelessness in the Bay Area, up from 28,000 in 2017, according to a report by the Bay Area Economic Institute.

"Would I open up a spare room for a homeless person? Probably not," one San Francisco resident, Milo, told Fox News.

Another person, Scott, said: "Would I? I don't have a room in my apartment."

One Bay Area resident, Nichole, told Fox News: "I don't know how they're going to fix the homeless problem, but I just think that asking the residents to step up is not a good idea."

"I have a family and I have girls," she added. "I just don't think that it's safe."

One man, Paul, said: "I think that's asking a lot of people."

A local named Cecil said he would be open to providing housing for the homeless.

"If I had the credential and I had the credibility, yes, I would take someone off the street," he told Fox News.

Having experienced homelessness himself, Cecil said it is important to recognize each individual's situation is unique.

Caio, who has lived in the city for four years, told Fox News: "I would not open my house – where I feel protected – to a stranger. It just doesn't make sense."

"This is one of the richest cities in the world … and they cannot find a solution to do to deal with homeless people," he continued. "That is unacceptable."

BOP

Lead by example, Mayor.....
You hateful, bigoted, white supremacist, domestic terrorist, you! Off to re-education camp you go! Don't you know that the elite aren't required to follow the rules they impose upon us peons?

BOP

Star enforcing the rules of vagrancy from the 40's.
Problem solved.
Actually, it doesn't. Oh, it may solve their problem, but it shoves that same homeless population off onto someone else. I'll give you a for instance.

For years and years and years, the religious right in San Diego keened about the tattoo shops, the bars, the working girls in the downtown area. Well one year, they finally got together a strong enough coalition to "clean up" downtown and force all that out of the area. I attended a church out in East San Diego, where I was a voice, crying in the wilderness, saying "people, this is not a good idea."

Sure enough, they got rid of the undesireable elements in downtown San Diego; all that relocated further east. The bars, tattoo shops, the hookers, and so on, moved out into East San Diego, Hillcrest, Kensington, and so on, into the neighborhoods where the religious right lived, worked, and shopped. Mostly along the main thoroughfares, like University Avenue, El Cajon Blvd., and so on, but yeah.

It wasn't long before the same people calling for the eviction of the undesireables from downtown San Diego were crying about that same element in their areas of town. Except that they no longer had the strong coalition to force them further out.

Dumbasses.

Hijinx

There are 2 choices
Let them stay there or round them up like they did the Japanese during the 2nd World War and put them in camps.

Sounds bad doesn't it? Because it is bad, But the Japanese had a roof over their heads, not some tent or cardboard box and they weren't sh*tting in the streets or in the doorways of some business. Put them there and feed them and and give them showers, it's better than what they have now.
When they are ready to work like everyone else let them leave.

If we have to supply them now with the basics, and clean the streets after them, why not do it in a controlled setting. For what they are spending now putting them up in hotels they could run a decent camp.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Let them stay there or round them up like they did the Japanese during the 2nd World War and put them in camps.

Build a camp in the Az Desert 100 miles from anywhere round up all the ' homeless ' transport them to the camp ... give the 3 squares a day and all the drugs or booze they want ... pile usable materials, let them build their own hovels

black dog

Free America
Actually, it doesn't. Oh, it may solve their problem, but it shoves that same homeless population off onto someone else. I'll give you a for instance.

For years and years and years, the religious right in San Diego keened about the tattoo shops, the bars, the working girls in the downtown area. Well one year, they finally got together a strong enough coalition to "clean up" downtown and force all that out of the area. I attended a church out in East San Diego, where I was a voice, crying in the wilderness, saying "people, this is not a good idea."

Sure enough, they got rid of the undesireable elements in downtown San Diego; all that relocated further east. The bars, tattoo shops, the hookers, and so on, moved out into East San Diego, Hillcrest, Kensington, and so on, into the neighborhoods where the religious right lived, worked, and shopped. Mostly along the main thoroughfares, like University Avenue, El Cajon Blvd., and so on, but yeah.

It wasn't long before the same people calling for the eviction of the undesireables from downtown San Diego were crying about that same element in their areas of town. Except that they no longer had the strong coalition to force them further out.

Dumbasses.
Yep... Just look at DC and Baltimore where 40-50 years ago most of the mens clubs and the red light district was contained in one area for the most part.
Now its all over...

Reactions: BOP

Smokey1

There are 2 choices

Sounds bad doesn't it? Because it is bad, But the Japanese had a roof over their heads, not some tent or cardboard box and they weren't sh*tting in the streets or in the doorways of some business. Put them there and feed them and and give them showers, it's better than what they have now.
When they are ready to work like everyone else let them leave.

If we have to supply them now with the basics, and clean the streets after them, why not do it in a controlled setting. For what they are spending now putting them up in hotels they could run a decent camp.

Doesn't the government have a bunch of old military bases that they have shut down? Make use of them.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Slippery slope... once you invite them in, it will be hell to pay to 'evict' them... you'll need a lawyer and years in the court system to even try.
^^This right here.^^

Nobody in their right mind would bring an unknown homeless person into their home to live. Of course, I feel that anyone left in Cali is of questionable mental state, as it is. I wouldn't live there if someone gave me a home and guaranteed income for life. It's hard to believe that there is a state in our union that is so ****ed in the head. As vrai says, "You get the government you vote for". I question anyone's sanity that still lives there.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Shows how completely disconnected with reality that mayor is...just by asking such an incredibly stupid question in the first place.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Doesn't the government have a bunch of old military bases that they have shut down? Make use of them.
Any solution starts with the seed of an idea. These sound promising.

TPD

the poor dad
I was visiting relatives in Ft Lauderdale last week. This subject came up. I always assumed that temperate weather is what drew the majority of homelessness (Hawaii/California) but my relatives asked me if I had seen any homeless people Ft. Lauderdale. Can't say I ever have. As we say on here many times - you get the government you vote for.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I can't say I've seen homeless here either, but I know they exist, like the camp that used to be behind the library. And there are those beggars on the street corners that claim to be homeless, but I doubt most of them. One guy that claims to be homeless that walks back and forth between BJs and Target I've seen frequently in front of Harbor Freight in Waldorf. He gets around ok...

Grumpy

There's camps in the woods in PF behind the Giant and Nicks/WaWa area. See a few homeless hanging out by the library and WaWa alot.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was visiting relatives in Ft Lauderdale last week. This subject came up. I always assumed that temperate weather is what drew the majority of homelessness (Hawaii/California) but my relatives asked me if I had seen any homeless people Ft. Lauderdale. Can't say I ever have. As we say on here many times - you get the government you vote for.
I've seen them in seedier parts of south Miami, but I noticed more recently that the city has fenced of some of the more popular "camping" spots.