Beaches in the US

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm trying to plan my summer vacation and I'm looking for BEACHES! I've been to OBX before and I like it. Ocean City/Rehoboth is out. What are some good beaches anywhere in the US?

Do you know of any that would be good for quad use?

Mexico could be a possibility...if the flights are cheap.

jsouthan

We love Hilton Head. Beaches are nice and flat for riding bikes. I don't know about quad use... maybe they allow them after certain hours? It's a great area, though.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - Millions of Memories at California's Beachfront Amusement Park

Rode my first roller-coaster here. Parts of Lost Boys was filmed here too. :yay:

I loved the place as a child. Water is cold, though, even in the summer, if I remember correctly. I loved the bumper cars they had inside.

Obx is still my favorite place, but its more the memories than the actual beach, I think. We went to Pennsacola a few times and I loved that place too. Stayed in a hotel on Rosarita Island (I may have the name wrong) and the price was right and the water was warm in December! Very pretty white beaches.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Go to Hawaii! :banana:

When I was younger I used to go to Topsail Island (NC) every year and had an amazing time. It's been over 10 years so I don't know how much it's changed, but at the time there wasn't much to do there beyond the actual beach. We always had fun, though.

limblips

PREMO Member
Fresh water beaches rule!!!! Go to any lake in the midwest! I love the northern lakes but the water never gets warmer than 65/70.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I loved the place as a child. Water is cold, though, even in the summer, if I remember correctly. I loved the bumper cars they had inside.

Obx is still my favorite place, but its more the memories than the actual beach, I think. We went to Pennsacola a few times and I loved that place too. Stayed in a hotel on Rosarita Island (I may have the name wrong) and the price was right and the water was warm in December! Very pretty white beaches.

Me too. I remember as a small child making sand candles with my parents and eating tuna sandwiches with potato chips. Extra crunchy due to the additional sand in the food. :lol:

I also remember my Uncle taking me there when I was maybe 3 or 4 y/o and using me as his chick magnet. :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Gulf Shores, AL is nice too. I may be able to hook you up with a beachfront condo. :whistle:

tyky

eieio
I'm trying to plan my summer vacation and I'm looking for BEACHES! I've been to OBX before and I like it. Ocean City/Rehoboth is out. What are some good beaches anywhere in the US?

Do you know of any that would be good for quad use?

Mexico could be a possibility...if the flights are cheap.
Driftwood Beach :biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Lake Michigan beaches, might just be a lake but that b!tch is huge and there are lots of lake front communities.

Xbox_720

Just stay home and play Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, you can look at hot girls, be at the beach and not have to worry about getting a sunburn.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
We love Hilton Head. Beaches are nice and flat for riding bikes. I don't know about quad use... maybe they allow them after certain hours? It's a great area, though.

I agree with this. St. Simons Island in GA is also nice. The beaches on Jekyll Island, GA aren't what they use to be but they are clean and there's a ton of history on the island. Plus both are about 45 minutes south of a kick ass outlet mall and not too far from Savannah.