Beatles ! !

Otter

Nothing to see here
I have seen this video. My father was in the Air Force and we lived on Bolling AFB at the time. He had to take some general's daughter to see them at the coliseum. I was just a little tyke back then, but I still remember my dad calling them "long-haired hippies".

Not to disregard your memory, but I think the term 'hippie' came along later in the 60s.

dachsom

Not to disregard your memory, but I think the term 'hippie' came along later in the 60s.

No problem. It may have been later when he used the term. I know he despised them because of their hair and music. In 1976, he changed his opinion of John Lennon though. He and I were lucky enough to meet Mr. Lennon and Yoko in New York. After talking with them for about 30 min (I did most of the talking), he said he might have been wrong about John. I think my dad was expecting a "drugged up hippie".

Below comes from Wikipedia:

Lexicographer Jesse Sheidlower, the principal American editor of the Oxford English Dictionary, argues that the terms hipster and hippie derive from the word hip, whose origins are unknown.[2] The term hipster was coined by Harry Gibson in 1940.[3] Although the word hippie made isolated appearances during the early 1960s, the first clearly contemporary use of the term appeared in print on September 5, 1965, in the article, "A New Haven for Beatniks", by San Francisco journalist Michael Fallon.

Otter

Nothing to see here
No problem. It may have been later when he used the term. I know he despised them because of their hair and music. In 1976, he changed his opinion of John Lennon though. He and I were lucky enough to meet Mr. Lennon and Yoko in New York. After talking with them for about 30 min (I did most of the talking), he said he might have been wrong about John. I think my dad was expecting a "drugged up hippie".

Below comes from Wikipedia:

Lexicographer Jesse Sheidlower, the principal American editor of the Oxford English Dictionary, argues that the terms hipster and hippie derive from the word hip, whose origins are unknown.[2] The term hipster was coined by Harry Gibson in 1940.[3] Although the word hippie made isolated appearances during the early 1960s, the first clearly contemporary use of the term appeared in print on September 5, 1965, in the article, "A New Haven for Beatniks", by San Francisco journalist Michael Fallon.

Good research..:yay: Cool dad to admit he may have been wrong.

Otter

Nothing to see here
That's so kewl! I was born a week and a half later.

:lol:

I read something about that concert a few weeks ago..The son of the owner of the Coliseum said that after the concert and the crowd gone, all he could smell was pee...All those teen gals musta mistook the words to I wanna hold your hand to I wanna pee my pants..