Beauty Disasters

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I had one this morning and thought it might be fun for everyone to share theirs. :lol:

I've had a dry, itchy scalp lately and I read somewhere that rinsing your hair in apple cider vinegar is supposed to help with that. So I researched the crap out of it online, and yes, apple cider vinegar is good for your scalp. "They" say your hair will smell like vinegar when wet, but the smell will go away once it's dry. I found that to be true, and my scalp has felt fine. I only wash my hair two or three times a week but lately I've had to do it more often because I was so itchy. When I exercise and my hair gets sweaty I just douse it in dry shampoo and it's fine. I'm not super-gym-girl so I'm not drenched in sweat or anything. So this morning I go for a run and get home and take a shower. It wasn't until I was getting dressed that I realized either the sweat or the steam from the shower reactivated the vinegar smell :doh: That is not a trick I'll be trying again. :roflmao:

doubtfull24

I have had a lot of beauty disasters...Once I bought a eyelash curler and the first time I used it , it cut off almost all of my eyelashes on my one eye so I had to wear fake eyelashes for over a month so they could grow back! When I was younger I used to curl my bangs and spray a ton of hair spray anyway I used to be a smoker and I ended up catching my bangs on fire and had to cut them all the way to the top of my forehead so for almost 6 months I had to bobby pin them down while they grew out because they would stick straight up!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have oily hair..and I totally bought into the "use baby powder on your scalp to make your hair look cleaner" myth. WRONG. I just looked like I was dusty..no matter how much I brushed..oily and dusty.

let my friend wax my eyebrows, she dropped wax in my hairline and I refused to let her pull it off and rip my hair out so I just picked at it for a few days

I had a sunburn and saw somewhere that baby oil in the bathtub would soothe it. So, I got a bath going, poured in baby oil..stepped in, fell flat on my ass and my hair was oily for a week, no matter what I washed it with.

when I was in school the cool thing to do was get your hair wet and them put in massive amounts of mousse in the hopes it would become crunchy curls..my hair stayed stick straight, just stuck together and crunchy. I did it too late one day to rewash before school and had to wear it that way.

I made an egg white facial mask per the directions (ok i looked at them once and then ignored them) and it squeezed my face so tight it was painful.

and probably a million more. I have bad luck :(

And frankly I am trusting you ladies in casual corner that my latest appt will not be my latest beauty disaster :killingme

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have oily hair..and I totally bought into the "use baby powder on your scalp to make your hair look cleaner" myth. WRONG. I just looked like I was dusty..no matter how much I brushed..oily and dusty.

let my friend wax my eyebrows, she dropped wax in my hairline and I refused to let her pull it off and rip my hair out so I just picked at it for a few days

I had a sunburn and saw somewhere that baby oil in the bathtub would soothe it. So, I got a bath going, poured in baby oil..stepped in, fell flat on my ass and my hair was oily for a week, no matter what I washed it with.

when I was in school the cool thing to do was get your hair wet and them put in massive amounts of mousse in the hopes it would become crunchy curls..my hair stayed stick straight, just stuck together and crunchy. I did it too late one day to rewash before school and had to wear it that way.

I made an egg white facial mask per the directions (ok i looked at them once and then ignored them) and it squeezed my face so tight it was painful.

and probably a million more. I have bad luck :(

And frankly I am trusting you ladies in casual corner that my latest appt will not be my latest beauty disaster :killingme
:lmao: Are you going to go to Hair It Is? Let me know how it goes, I'm still on the lookout for someplace. Right now Bella is at the top of my list because it's right next door to Starbucks. :dork:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
:lmao: Are you going to go to Hair It Is? Let me know how it goes, I'm still on the lookout for someplace. Right now Bella is at the top of my list because it's right next door to Starbucks. :dork:

yeah, friday. Ive heard some horrible things about Bella recently (hair cut related:killingme) . Hair it is is my "place" though so I can't imagine going to another salon.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I bought one of those eyebrow laser lights that zap the hair off and ended up with jacked up eyebrows. I also had an incident with a home waxing kit. I pretty much waxed myself to the toilet seat.

luvmygdaughters

My daughters, both grown, decided they wanted to lighten my hair and get rid of some gray. I am naturally light auburn. My one daughter bought the hair dye and some bleach to highlight it with. Well, she didnt use the skull cap and I had several big patches of WHITE hair all over my head. This was on a Sunday. I had to go to work the next day looking like a redheaded skunk, and of course I had a meeting that I had to attend. After work I went to the drugstore, bought another color dye and proceeded to put it on when I got home. You can imagine my suprise when I got out of the shower and towel dried my hair and the parts that were white before were now PURPLE!!:faint: I kid you not. Talk about a beauty disaster, you can hide cut eyelashes, put on hairspray to cover vinegar, but you cant do alot with purple spots in your hair. Needless to say, they never touched my hair again.:killingme

doubtfull24

I let a friend wax my eyebrows and she ended up ripping the skin off in between my eyebrows so I had a scab for over a week. I also tried a spray tan booth once and ended up looking orange and so did my hands and palms it was also raining outside and it made the stuff run so I had streaks on my face.Also once I used a whole tube of my grandpa's Vo5 treatment and had greasy hair for over a week.

doubtfull24

My daughters, both grown, decided they wanted to lighten my hair and get rid of some gray. I am naturally light auburn. My one daughter bought the hair dye and some bleach to highlight it with. Well, she didnt use the skull cap and I had several big patches of WHITE hair all over my head. This was on a Sunday. I had to go to work the next day looking like a redheaded skunk, and of course I had a meeting that I had to attend. After work I went to the drugstore, bought another color dye and proceeded to put it on when I got home. You can imagine my suprise when I got out of the shower and towel dried my hair and the parts that were white before were now PURPLE!!:faint: I kid you not. Talk about a beauty disaster, you can hide cut eyelashes, put on hairspray to cover vinegar, but you cant do alot with purple spots in your hair. Needless to say, they never touched my hair again.:killingme

:poorbaby: That sucks! Once I went to blades hair school because I couldn't afford to get my hair cut/colored else where anyway I told the girl I only wanted an inch taken off and she ended up chopping 6 inches and she tried to give me a side bang and messed it up so bad the instructor had to do her best to make it not look so bad it was horrible!

luvmygdaughters

:poorbaby: That sucks! Once I went to blades hair school because I couldn't afford to get my hair cut/colored else where anyway I told the girl I only wanted an inch taken off and she ended up chopping 6 inches and she tried to give me a side bang and messed it up so bad the instructor had to do her best to make it not look so bad it was horrible!

:huggy: Poor thing, I know what you went thru, trust me. Sometimes you wish you could just :smack: LOL

pelers

When I was in high school I dyed my hair pretty frequently. New color every month or two, at least. My hair finally decided it had had enough. I dyed it purple and ALL of the color fell out. It turned grey and frizzy and was totally fried. I wound up getting my hair cut so short it was nearly a buzz cut because there's no way that was going to get better on its own.

After that I decided that I was done with coloring my hair. At least until it grew back in green.