Because: diversity, people!

BOP

It's for the children!!! Or something.

The New York Times explains: “To meet the onscreen representation standard, at least one of the lead actors or a significant supporting actor must be from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group, whether that means Asian, Hispanic, Black, Indigenous, Native American, Middle Eastern, North African, native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.”

For those struggling to meet the racial quota, the Academy generously some alternatives: “Thirty percent of all actors in secondary or more minor roles could come from two of the following categories: women, L.G.B.T.Q., an underrepresented racial or ethnic group, or those with cognitive or physical disabilities. Or the main story line must focus on an underrepresented group.” (Needless to say, white people don’t count.)

Hijinx

Does anyone really care what the rules are for this overblown party of "artists" patting themselves on the back?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fine with me. Hollywood leads in trying to screw up this country, so if it comes back to bite them I'm perfectly okay with that. Plus I don't really care about their "I love me" awards anyway.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I haven't turned on the TV or watched any movie newer than Avengers End Game

I am infact working my way through a catalog of John Wayne movies

PJay

I haven't turned on the TV or watched any movie newer than Avengers End Game

I am infact working my way through a catalog of John Wayne movies

John Wayne saves the day, even still today...when the world is burning, when all is going to hell..watch a John Wayne movie...you just feel better somehow.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Don't know why John Wayne didn't win an Emmy for the Shootist ,his last movie.
One of his best.
Probably because Emmy's are for prime-time TV programs. The 'Shootist' was a movie (Oscar eligible).