Because When You Think Vicky's Secret You Think Megan Rapinoe

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Megan Rapinoe among group of 'trailblazing' women replacing Victoria's Secret angels

The embattled lingerie brand announced a new marketing direction on Wednesday featuring a group of faces intended to move it beyond its famous "Angel" models. One of those faces: USWNT star Megan Rapinoe.

That may sound like a surprise for those who are familiar with both Rapinoe, one of the most outspoken progressive voices in sports, and Victoria's Secret, which has long drawn criticism for its narrow reinforcement of women's beauty standards, but it's reflective of the change needed for a brand that has seen its market share sink for years.

As the brand's new head told The New York Times, it's a change that has been a long time coming:

“When the world was changing, we were too slow to respond,” said Martin Waters, the former head of Victoria’s Secret’s international business who was appointed chief executive of the brand in February. “We needed to stop being about what men want and to be about what women want.”

:shocking:

Not that Vicky's Angel's looked like the average woman on the street .... at least they invoked a response other than wanting to barf

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Millions of young boys everywhere will be robbed of one of life's most precious gifts to mankind. It's a sad, sad day...

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I used to work with an older gentleman, he delivered mail on the route. As he was sorting catalogs, if he came across a VS catalog, he'd say, in his typical long, drawn-out drawl,

"A man shouldn't have to see this, this early in the morning."

Then he'd promptly sit down and go through that catalog, cover to cover. And he'd make not a sound. Then he'd go back to work.

RIP, Gary.

Hijinx

I would think that Rapinoe who has a secret desire to be a man would like the looks of women in Victoria's secret herself.
Don't lesbians like beautiful women.?
Not all of them want to look like a man. You would think the Dykes would enjoy VS as it is.
Only they would dream that those women were queer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are things we don't need in this world and Megan Rapinoe in her underpants is one of them.

What's interesting is that they say they want "women of accomplishment". Being a professional model is as much an accomplishment as playing soccer. None of these people are curing cancer, or feeding the poor, or accomplishing anything of note.

At least they didn't pick Heels Up's "you ain't got no alibi" step-daughter.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
There are things we don't need in this world and Megan Rapinoe in her underpants is one of them.

Looks like it's going to be her turn in the barrel now! :lmao:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
If I may ...

Also. I don't know why women wear these type of underwear. We just take them off anyway.
Yes, I'm breaking my NDA with VSC (as the truth must see the light of day!), but VS products were priced according to the company's highly-researched and super secret MoW* algorithm. The lower the MoW the higher the price....

* "Minutes of Wear."

P.S. If I can ever get to one of the SoMD MnGs and anyone's interested I've got a story about the Victoria's Secret catalog, the KGB, and monitored phone calls all taking place at a remote location in Russia east of Moscow near the Ural mountains....

--- End of line (MCP)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
P.S. If I can ever get to one of the SoMD MnGs and anyone's interested I've got a story about the Victoria's Secret catalog, the KGB, and monitored phone calls all taking place at a remote location in Russia east of Moscow near the Ural mountains....

--- End of line (MCP)

Sounds like it has all the hallmarks of a classic. I'll buy the first beer.