Bedding question

FrmGrl

Get some!
I have a small barn with two stalls in use. I currently use Equine Fresh. It is leaving a terrible dust film on everything in my barn and chokes me up when I go to clean stalls. Never mind it states its "dust free" on package. I really do not have a place to store a large pile of sawdust, so is there anything else that would be easy for me to use??? My stalls are lined with stall skins. Thanks

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
You are to wet it...read the package again when dusty you wet it..I dont either so don't feel bad.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Pasofever said:
You are to wet it...read the package again when dusty you wet it..I dont either so don't feel bad.

Well I wet it at first, then usually wet it again a week or two later. But still getting a nasty film over eveything. Oh well, guess I have to keep wetting it down. Seems like lots of work!

devinej

i like what stauffer's feed mill sells. in the 50lb bags. its more like sawdust than shavings. doesn't get dusty. i have your camera and helmet bag...

FrmGrl

Get some!
devinej said:
i like what stauffer's feed mill sells. in the 50lb bags. its more like sawdust than shavings. doesn't get dusty. i have your camera and helmet bag...
Can your bring it to me tomorrow, I thought Sadie had it. I need it back, it has incriminating pics on it!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
devinej said:

I like them too..I mix that with the woody pet

FrmGrl

Get some!
Pasofever said:
I like them too..I mix that with the woody pet

Hey you, left that part out of your first response. Would have been nice to know :razz: Is that the soft stuff in the square like bags??

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
FrmGrl said:
Hey you, left that part out of your first response. Would have been nice to know :razz: Is that the soft stuff in the square like bags??

Sorry..I do use the woody pet in the pee hole spot..it is the sawdust NOT shavings...only from the hen yard Mr Willey does not carry it...it goes through your fork where the shavings will not..I wont lie to you..my stalls are dusty too... :huggy:

FrmGrl

Get some!
Pasofever said:
Sorry..I do use the woody pet in the pee hole spot..it is the sawdust NOT shavings...only from the hen yard Mr Willey does not carry it...it goes through your fork where the shavings will not..I wont lie to you..my stalls are dusty too... :huggy:

Thanks I will look for it when I go to pick my food up tomorrow. I wish Robin would carry some Blue Seal!!(nod nod, wink wink)

spellbound

FrmGrl said:
I have a small barn with two stalls in use. I currently use Equine Fresh. It is leaving a terrible dust film on everything in my barn and chokes me up when I go to clean stalls. Never mind it states its "dust free" on package. I really do not have a place to store a large pile of sawdust, so is there anything else that would be easy for me to use??? My stalls are lined with stall skins. Thanks

It's really a good idea to wet it down every day. When it is dry like this, I even find myself wetting the regular sawdust down every day.
Mixing Equine Fresh with regular sawdust or pine shavings will help some.

FrmGrl

Get some!
spellbound said:
It's really a good idea to wet it down every day. When it is dry like this, I even find myself wetting the regular sawdust down every day.
Mixing Equine Fresh with regular sawdust or pine shavings will help some.

Thanks trying that today. I still dont have water yet at my barn so I have to drag a hose over to wet it down. Cleaning dusty stalls with bronchitis sucks!!