Before I waste time calling Atlantic Broadband ---

SamSpade

I want to swap the boxes attached to two TVs - one has a TiVo and the other, the regular old cable box.

Can I just switch 'em, or do I have to call ABB with data and MAC addresses and all that stuff?

SamSpade

Didn't think so either, since I am pretty sure I've done it once before.
Since wife is sure I do need to call, I will probably have to do it anyway and waste time on the line.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Unless your devices (TVs) have a specific MAC Address that ABB needs why would you need to contact them? It would be the same as buying a new TV, I am sure they don't care nor would they need to know about it.

I want to swap the boxes attached to two TVs - one has a TiVo and the other, the regular old cable box.

Can I just switch 'em, or do I have to call ABB with data and MAC addresses and all that stuff?
The service address is the same for both- you shouldn’t need to call. They will both still be on the same network- the location within the home won’t matter.

SamSpade

Unless your devices (TVs) have a specific MAC Address that ABB needs why would you need to contact them? It would be the same as buying a new TV, I am sure they don't care nor would they need to know about it.

You know that - I know that - my wife is convinced without the say so from ABB, she will lose all her shows on the TiVo.
I'm just asking.