Beggars at Shoppers

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Makes me sound like a jerk, but I for that for the cookie sellers in front of the stores as well.
I get it, but as a lifetime GSUSA Member, and former GS Leader, I know how hard the girls IN MY troops worked for their money at those dang cookie booths. But I was also the type of leader who TRAINED them properly and did not allow them to verbally accost people and shout them down, etc. for a sale.

We were always a respectable distance away from the door and that doesn't seem to be the norm these days. (the times - they have a changed, sadly!) :ohwell:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I get it, but as a lifetime GSUSA Member, and former GS Leader, I know how hard the girls IN MY troops worked for their money at those dang cookie booths. But I was also the type of leader who TRAINED them properly and did not allow them to verbally accost people and shout them down, etc. for a sale.

We were always a respectable distance away from the door and that doesn't seem to be the norm these days. (the times - they have a changed, sadly!) :ohwell:
I shoot them down saying that I already did my time.

PJay

Haven't seen a Girl Scout in forever. Love buying their cookies, especially the chocolate/mint ones.

BernieP

Resident PIA
There's a guy at Target collecting money by playing an electric violin, he's accompanying himself with music from his Iphone. He's really very good and working for the money and I was happy to give it
I heard the violin "concert' last week when I was stopping at Giant. I was tempted to see what was going on then realized it was a solo act.
A bit of a listen said it was amatuer.
Good, bot not that good
Props to the panhandlers who have some talent, but not donating.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The only reason for putting it in this category is the handmade sign "Wife and two kids, no job. Please give what you can". I'd actually call it busking.
I heard him and as I was leaving, drove by and handed him a 10 spot. Told him it had been quite a while since I'd heard a decent busker, wished him luck.

Yesterday, there were several sidewalk drunks outside of Weis on Great Mills.

Kinnakeet

Had something like this happen to me at the Giant parking lot at night a few weeks back. Guy followed me out to my car, but I managed to get my door between us before hopping in and running away.

Is pepper spray legal in MD?
ALWAYS CARRY A WEAPON IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT KIND BUT ALWAYS HAVE ONE ON YOU

Kinnakeet

I heard the violin "concert' last week when I was stopping at Giant. I was tempted to see what was going on then realized it was a solo act.
Good, bot not that good
I gave a bottle of water to a begger a week a go as that was all I had he did not even say thank you he just said you got any weed I like weed that blew it for every begger around I will not give these people any money when they are begging next to a store that has a help wanted sign in the window

FED_UP

I gave a bottle of water to a begger a week a go as that was all I had he did not even say thank you he just said you got any weed I like weed that blew it for every begger around I will not give these people any money when they are begging next to a store that has a help wanted sign in the window
Maybe he had a medical condition that required weed that he can't afford.

Clem72

Good, bot not that good

Must have been a different time than when I heard him. He was bad enough that my 5 year old grandson told me it sounded like the cats at night in the field behind his house.