Beginners Yoga

KDENISE977

Is their a place to study beginners yoga around here? I have high bp and my dr suggested yoga. THANK YOU

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Is their a place to study beginners yoga around here? I have high bp and my dr suggested yoga. THANK YOU

Where is "here"? Calvert County Parks & Rec does yoga classes. If you don't live in Calvert County I would suggest checking with the Parks & Rec department in the county where you live to see if they have classes available.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
St. Mary's Hospital hosts a once a week yoga class taught by Dr. Jhaveri. There are tons of yoga dvds out there for all skill levels which will save you $$ vs. going to a gym. CSM has several offerings as well.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
St. Mary's Hospital hosts a once a week yoga class taught by Dr. Jhaveri. There are tons of yoga dvds out there for all skill levels which will save you $$ vs. going to a gym. CSM has several offerings as well.

Good idea -- you can search the local library on-line catalog (COSMOS for all of southern Maryland libraries), using the keyword "yoga" and limiting your search to just "educational DVD's" and browse through the offerings that are available at the Library -- for FREE (unless you don't return/renew on time). If you already have a library card for Calvert/Charles/ST. Mary's, you can put a hold on ones that you find and pick them up at a library near you!

Vince

Doc Jhaveri is great. He's been my doctor for over 10 years and been trying to get me to come to his yoga class. I just don't have the time. Wish I did.